Question about packing.org

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by Woody_the_Infidel, Mar 26, 2006.

1. Woody_the_Infidel

Woody_the_Infidel New Member

Does anyone know who the point of contact is for the website? I can't find anyone to email anywhere. I am not able to log in. I keep getting the error "user ip address mismatch". I even made a new account and get the same thing.

2. thebugman

thebugman New Member

That site is down more than it's up. Probably nothing your doing.

3. artz

artz New Member

I get the same result. :shock:
    Some a$$#0)* hacker has prob gotten into the system...

4. Molon Labe

Molon Labe New Member

I have stopped going to packing. The rating system really hacks me off so I was using it just for other states info. Georgiapacking provides most of the info I want and I found this site http://www.handgunlaw.us/state-link.htm for the other states. I think it's run by an ex-admin of packing.

5. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

I saw the homepage but when I clicked login it came back "server too busy"

6. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

Down All Day

Packing.Org was down pretty much all day. I must have tried 20 times to view it, and was only successful once in the mid-morning. All other times the page would simply not load. No error message or anything.. the browser just wouldn't bring it up.

7. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

I get a little tired of the rating system over there. Lately, I received zeroes for pointing out that a police officer should be respectful and polite when expressing his ignorance of the law relating to carrying firearms.

Zero?

Any posting on LEO threads draws zeroes.

I also received zeroes on one of those threads where people were ranting and raving about the UN and gunbans and "they can pry it from my cold dead fingers . . ." I simply pointed out that in New Orleans, people handed them over meekly (although that little old lady put up a fight! :D ) and none of the troops or LEOs refused to obey the orders to seize firearms.

Zeros.

Sigh.

8. Malum Prohibitum

9. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

As I have said before, post the links here and I am sure one or more of us could visit and help correct the problem.

10. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

I swear, either it wont let me log in or I cant even get to the site at least 1 of every 4 trys.

Yes, it is down right now.

11. Malum Prohibitum

Like this one? http://www.packing.org/community/genera ... read=14404

For the life of me, I cannot figure out why this would draw a zero? :-k

:help:

12. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

I Can't Get On

I can't get to the damned website-- I have tried several times today, from the early morning until now (9:30 p.m.). Malum, I'd love to help you out and counter-act that undeserved zero with a "five" but I can't seem to do it.

I think that site's downtime is a far worse problem (for now) than either the rating system or the off-topic crap that gets posted there in spite of, or perhaps because of, the rating system.

P.S. If your score ever gets too low, just start a new thread entitled "Thank You God, For the U.S.A." and put for the content of your post some bumper-sticker slogan like "God, Guns, and Guts Made America Free-- Let's Keep All Three." That is sure to earn you a bunch of fives. Just don't say anything that will cause people to THINK, or urge them to DO SOMETHING in real life, because it's so much easier just to talk the talk than to walk the walk.

13. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

it is up now.
    Vote "must read"

14. Malum Prohibitum

GS1, since you are an admin over there, is there really no way to rid the site of all the trash that was put onto it over the weekend?

That is really going to run off a lot of people . . .

15. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

Nope, and your right it will.

Mark (the owner) is the only one with the power to actually delete a post. The best I could do is vote on it and give it a 0 (same as everyone else). With enough 0's the post will be marked as bad and only those who have set their preferences to see all posts (including the bad ones) will see it.

16. Malum Prohibitum

Won't the title still show up?

There are almost as many irrelevant, profane, and useless titles over the weekend as there are real posts.

17. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

I don't know... never paid attention.

18. Malum Prohibitum

Oh, well, this site is WAY better for Georgia anyway.

I am just a glutton for punishment. I saw this guy posting in the LEO Encounters section about an officer at a traffic stop jumping and putting his hand on his gun when the driver told the officer he both had a firearms license and was wearing his gun.

One of the regulars who is a police officer jumped all over the original poster, and I just could not help but wade in.

I know that by doing so I am asking for zeroes, but I cannot stay out of the law enforcement posts :D It is just inexcusable to act like all firearms license holders are about to shoot cops . . .

http://www.packing.org/community/leo_en ... read=14558

19. ICP_Juggalo

ICP_Juggalo Professional Troll

There Malum, I gave your post a "Very Insightful" Rating. Bumped your post up to a 3.6