Georgia Packing banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
maddog said:
You could check out www.blackhawk.com there CQC Serpa come with belt loop or paddle setup and adjustable canter. I use mine daily with G17.
Bought one today. I saw it and was impressed with it. That, coupled with the fact that finding molded paddles for small revolvers is pretty tough. I'll go home tonight and fit it up and see how it works.

Thanks for all the suggestions!

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
What about Uncle Mike's Kydex ones? Anyone have experience with those?

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
#1: Once you put it on, it's on. I literally had to disrobe this evening to get the paddle holster off of my belt/pants. It hangs onto you like a chigger I swear. Those little hook things hold it onto clothing well. Too well. I took the two that are screw mounted off, leaving only the one molded into the paddle itself.

#2: It fits tight. *REALLY* tight. I did manage to get it inserted until the retainer clicked, but man, it's a chore to get it in and out. I thought about putting the actual retainer piece in the oven for 5-8 minutes on low heat, and then putting the gun in there, hoping it'll open up a little. I might hold off on that. I'll see if it'll break in first.

Other than these two items, it's a great unit. The adjustable mounts let you mount it at several different angles. It can be set up to be used as either a paddle or belt slide holster. The plastic is very strong and yet the holster is light. If only that 3rd claw were screw-mounted and not molded into the plastic.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Uncle Mikes paddle holsters will come unscrewed and fall apart. If you get one the 1st thing you should do is go get some RED loctite and use it on all the screws on the thing.

Mine fell apart the 3rd time I wore it ATV riding at 1am in a swamp. :evil: I replaced it with a Fobus and haven't had any trouble in the 2 years and 3 rollovers since. :)

I will say that once you put the Uncle Mikes paddle on it's on. You'll have to drop your pants to get it off.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Boy Racer said:
#1: Once you put it on, it's on. I literally had to disrobe this evening to get the paddle holster off of my belt/pants. It hangs onto you like a chigger I swear. Those little hook things hold it onto clothing well. Too well. I took the two that are screw mounted off, leaving only the one molded into the paddle itself.

#2: It fits tight. *REALLY* tight. I did manage to get it inserted until the retainer clicked, but man, it's a chore to get it in and out. I thought about putting the actual retainer piece in the oven for 5-8 minutes on low heat, and then putting the gun in there, hoping it'll open up a little. I might hold off on that. I'll see if it'll break in first.

Other than these two items, it's a great unit. The adjustable mounts let you mount it at several different angles. It can be set up to be used as either a paddle or belt slide holster. The plastic is very strong and yet the holster is light. If only that 3rd claw were screw-mounted and not molded into the plastic.
Congradulations on your choice. I did the same with the clips and it is much easier to remove when you want to remove it. There is an adjustment screw just under the trigger to adjust tightness, not sure if it will loosen up much other than that.

Am just glad to actually have some positive input somewhere in the forums ... lol

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Boy Racer said:

I wore it all day today today with no issues. I like it so far.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts