Georgiapacking.org banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Not Tacticool
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have decided on getting an AK, but I want purple parts. I know odd, but I am really wanting one in purple. Sadly I can not find any parts in purple, anyone have advise, or better google-fu, that can help me either get or make some purple parts on a AK?
I've seen parts for ARs in purple but none for the AK.

I've look around online and can't find any really.
I'm pretty sure now after looking awhile that I will have to either have them made or do it myself on coloring them.
So any suggestions on good ways to do so, that will stand up to actually being fired, and won't ruin the functionality of the rifle?

·
Not Tacticool
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I haven't really decided what parts are gonna be purple. I had seen those, but the color was really hard to tell was purple, and I was looking more of a brighter purple. Like Duracoats Goddess Purple.

·
Ordinary Average Guy
2,934 Posts
Wait, are you talking about the metal parts being purple, or the stock, grip and handguards? K-VAR sells plum colored AK furniture...

http://www.k-var.com/shop/AK-403USP.html
^ This.

You can either get plum color plastic furniture or have wood furniture refinished in plum/purple, then have the rifle gun kote'd/cerakote'd in a plum/purple/purple-ish black color.

My old AK shop built an AK74 for a customer who'd refinished his own furniture in a dark purple and we gun kote'd the metal parts in a black-purple-ish color. It actually looked pretty damn good.

·
Not Tacticool
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the help guys, I'm still trying to decide on stuff. Still a lot further then I was when I started.

·
Registered
991 Posts
With Goddess Purple on the metal, I would think a white on the furniture would look nice unless you are going for a more "subdued" look. My daughter would go with the white wood and either purple or the neon green color they have on the metal or a reverse of those finishes.

·
Not Tacticool
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was thinking of Black and Purple, so just maybe the stock set done in purple. Keep the metal black, or if it isn't black making it black.

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,001 Posts
white

white goes good with any color.
I agree that the whole thing should not be purple.
Purple and zombie green, maybe?
Purple and yellow, with black sights?

As to how to paint AK's, all I can say is that I did it with no priming or surface preparation other than using 91% rubbing alcohol to degrease the parts, and I used $6 per can spraypaint, and it worked OK. The paint was not too durable-- got dinged easily if it bumped things in the gun safe. But it didn't flake off or peel. It did get discolored from powder fouling. Maybe you should make sure the areas that will get purple include the gas tube.

·
Uninvited Guest
598 Posts
Give Brian a call at Ott Gunworks. The SOB :) has been pushing pink at me for awhile; I think he can come up with a purple.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts