Public gathering - Home Depot selling those darn hot dogs!

Discussion in 'Places Off-Limits' started by kestak, May 2, 2007.

1. kestak

kestak New Member

Greetings,

1 - We can't carry in public gathering, but we can carry in Home depot stores. What about when the store decides to give away hot dogs at the entrance and there is a gathering of free loaders?

2 - What about I get into a minor car accident, I get out of the car and there is a "crowd" gathering around the accident?

3 - What about I am walking my dog and some neighbours (More than 2) come and talk to me?

4 - What about me going to the convenience store with 3-4 friends accompanied with their wife/GF following in car because we all go to the beach and we are "gathering" outside waiting to each other?

5 - What about the beach parking lot? There is tons of people hanging there. Just think about all the famillies taking forever to pick up their beach crap.

6 - And now the question that is burning me since a while: What about you see someone getting the crap beat out of "him". You call 911 on your cell and you get out of the car (because time is important) and intervene by drawing your gun and get the bad guys to flea. Now a crowd is gatherign around the "victim".

I am not a lawyer, but that law, the way it is worded, kind of suck.

Thank you

2. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

According to the Case Law page, a "public gathering" can certainly come to you. You don't have to go to it.

3. Watch_Their_Hands

Watch_Their_Hands New Member

Very true. MP, everyone, perhaps we need to focus GCO efforts MUCH more toward this problem law. Seems that a large percentage of the post here are concerning this topic. What say you?

4. Bulldawg182

Bulldawg182 Active Member

Couldn't agree more, yet...GCO has accomplished so much with so little support in so little time that I'm sure they'll get to this as well.

However, from my perspective, I'd much rather be involved in an all out frontal assault on the problems of the laws regarding the granting of our rights under the 2nd Amendment, but the negating of those rights through the current state laws which make exercising that right almost impossible. Things like "public gatherings", transportation, etc. make a GFL in this state a joke.

5. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Gotten to it . . . past tense . . .

It has been a priority since before last January . . . the ball started rolling in December of 2006, and I know I keep promising something public, but it is simply not public yet. Members who were members back when all of this started received an email updating them on what was going on.

There is now more going on . . .

As for releasing it outside the group, not yet . . . which is why we have not posted anything on the internet here or at GCO.

For newer members who have no idea what I am talking about, you are welcome to PM any of the board of directors or officers of GCO for more information. Otherwise, there will be more information forthcoming to members in the future, since mass participation is going to be needed at various stages.

In sum, I expect the chances are better than fair that there will be no public gathering provision in this state after 2008.

It is the details that are still in flux.

6. Bulldawg182

Bulldawg182 Active Member

Darned.....you guys are GOOD!!! All I had to do was ask and 47 seconds later, you're already on top of it!

Now, how bout some free ammo? :roll: :wink:

7. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

We'll see what we can do . . . :lol:

8. Watch_Their_Hands

Watch_Their_Hands New Member

MP, I'll take a box of Federal Premium .158g JHP, that is, if ya have any lying around. :wink:

9. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

I call first dibbs on the 9mm! :D

10. S&W 40

S&W 40 Active Member

If GCO (and us) can get something of this nature done I want to be the first for a life time membership! :)

Almost forgot, if you are not a member why not? the more we have the more power we have united.

Membership drive, eveyone get just one family, friend, nieghbor, anti, anyone to join. I might just have to do one for my wife and tell her later.

11. luke0927

luke0927 New Member

Im ready to get this vague poorly written law off the books...Hopefully we can show the GA legislaters how strong a force we are and we cant it removed.

12. viper32cm

viper32cm New Member

I still don't see how anyone can say with a straight face that this law isn't void for vagueness.

13. gsusnake

gsusnake Token Liberal Hippie

Dibs on the .40.

and i'll shoot anyone who gets in my way!

14. gsusnake

gsusnake Token Liberal Hippie

Re: Public gathering - Home Depot selling those darn hot dog

I have to disagree.

It REALLY sucks.

15. notamasshole

notamasshole New Member

Tell the Legislature that if they change the carry laws I would be more likely to pull the trigger so to speak and move down to Georgia.

To be honest as odd as it sounds for someone up in RI the main thing stopping me from moving now(I already have a job "in georgia" just doing it mostly remote now) is because of the very poor gun laws. right now GA is missing out on taxing my income. If you want me to speak to that affect to anyone I would be more than happy to :)