PTR 91 GI: Irons Sights at 25, 50, & 100 yds

Discussion in 'Firearm Related' started by rjinga, Apr 26, 2017.

1. rjinga

rjinga Member

I was experimenting with red squares and rectangles on my old bulls-eye target. The reason I used squares and rectangles is because I’m trying to set my POI right above the top of the front post, so I wanted a nice clean edge to try and touch with the top of the front post. I was shooting surplus German ammunition from a table with a gun rest. As stated in the title, I was using the iron sights (#2 rear diopter); no scope. The photos are shown in the order I shot them.

I’m probably not going to keep/use this target.
    [​IMG]

I may just turn this one into a 2†diameter red dot for use at 25 & 50 yds.
    [​IMG]

I’ll use this target at 25 & 50 yds along with, or instead of, the 2†diameter red dot.
    [​IMG]

This one is a keeper for 25 & 50 yds.
    [​IMG]

After I shot these two targets at 50 yds, I adjusted my windage.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I may keep this target for 50 yds.
    [​IMG]

I’m probably not going to keep/use this target.
    [​IMG]

Or this one either.
    [​IMG]

As I stated above, I was trying to touch the bottom of the rectangle with the top of the front post (6:00 hold). One shot was just off of the paper – low. The other shot was just off the paper – high.
    [​IMG]

On this target, I tried putting the top of the post in the center of the rectangle. And, I may just try a 6†diameter red dot instead of this target going forward.
    [​IMG]

And, not range trip would be complete without taking a few shots at a Red Dawn target. I call this one the “foxhole.â€
    [​IMG]