Psycho UGA Student Disarmed

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Malum Prohibitum, May 1, 2007.

1. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/ ... 01uga.html

THIS isn't good.

2. Dan H

Dan H New Member

Thats just great... All these freakin idiots coming out of the wood work

3. Sharky

Sharky New Member

As I see this as not good, the other flip side is at least the college took measures to investigate. Then actually carry out a warrant on a threat made by this lunatic. Then disarmed the jacka$$ before he possibly goes postal!

I dont think we have near all the facts however, he will not be walking on campus in a possible rampage. Yes he is an idiot, but I dont see them mention if he had a GFL. Hopefully he doesnt have one.

I see this as just another reason for people with GFL's to be allowed to carry on campus.

Just my thoughts......

4. EagleEye920

EagleEye920 Member

That's not what I got out of the article.

While it is very vague with not a lot of details, what jumped out at me is the opportunity for a prof/person to "turn in" a student/person whom he has issues with. Then that could result in MANDATORY MENTAL HEALTH EVALUATION and thus lead to more people ineligible for GFL's if Georgia follows suit with the buzz going around banning people who have had treatment.

Based on the article, I'm not rushing to judgement on this guy.

5. Sharky

Sharky New Member

good point, you never know the teacher may have fabricated a story out of a dislike for the student?

More details definitely needed.

6. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

And so it has begun.

7. Sharky

Sharky New Member

what has begun Ramm? A debate?

8. EagleEye920

EagleEye920 Member

maybe fabricated maybe not. here's a scenario..

Anti-Prof: "Class, what are your thoughts about guns on campus..."

Student: "Yeah we need 'em so we can shoot the wacko's" :shoot:

Anti Prof thinks "Oh my!! :shock: What a deranged young man, I should report him."

Anti-Prof to cops: "A student of mine made comments and he may be a threat to himself and his fellow students"

Search warrant ordered. Cops knock on door. "BAM BAM BAM"

Which one of YOU would open your door to a loud knocking without your gun close by??

Then AJC gets a hold of the story to inform us of the "crazy mental people with guns" :roll:

9. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

The use of involuntary mental evaluations to strip people of their guns.

Is there any doubt in anyone's mind now that the NRA is making the wrong choice in wanting to make it harder for "crazy people" to get guns?

10. Sharky

Sharky New Member

ah got your point now!

11. Malum Prohibitum

What if the professor writes poems about killing white people? Can we get her committed?

12. glockgirl

glockgirl New Member

they sent out a campus memo on the guy! Name address and everything as soon as the cops served the warrant. wonder how many of these a day I will get now!

13. Purge

Purge New Member

14. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

Right to the hospital for evaluation. Any bets that he's sent to have "outpatient" treatment? Oops, there goes his firearms. Gotta make sure we close that "loophole" to keep guns away from crazy people.

Let's make sure all our college kids are aware of the "warning signs"... you know... people who shoot guns, talk about guns or express a dissatisfaction with our government. Those crazies just end up shooting up innocents.

This arrest sounds like a farce. I would like to see the warrant. Is that public knowledge? How could I see it?

15. EagleEye920

EagleEye920 Member

http://www.11alive.com/news/article_new ... ryid=96304

I'm still giving this guy the benefit of the doubt. Too bad most already have him guilty.

So he doesn't answer the door. Landlord lets the cops in and he's in the back bedroom with his gun. scary stuff... :roll:

16. Watch_Their_Hands

Watch_Their_Hands New Member

WTF? "Name address and everything..." So, if it turns out this guy is competent, the warrant was a pile of crap, or that there was some other reason that this student was ratted out, his life is ruined, perhaps forever? :roll:

17. Malum Prohibitum

Good grief! What are the comments?

18. Malum Prohibitum

Nothing like slander and libel . . .

19. Watch_Their_Hands

Watch_Their_Hands New Member

True, nothing like slander and libel. Although, it is a shame that if this is the case, this guy has to set his life aside for the hesteria of one faculty member.

Perhaps it should be slander, libel, and a good old fashion ass kicking. Some 2x4's in the ribs, slamming the face into a curb, sand in the eyes, and a good kick in the nuts. Hell, make it two.

20. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Active Member

If the guy is stable (as I expect what will be found out) I would sue the ever loving crap out of everyone involved. If he gets the right jury & they award him a few million I bet that will curtail the eagerness of teachers to turn in every gun enthusiast or political dissenter that walks into their classroom... :evil: