Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
461 - 480 of 501 Posts

· Registered
9,500 Posts
Some of these visitors to the Congress were dumb. Damn dumb.

· Man of Myth and Legend
20,480 Posts

· Lawyer and Gun Activist
30,164 Posts
QUOTE:

Black was convicted of other charges over the Jan. 6 riot, including disorderly conduct in a restricted building while carrying a dangerous weapon. That’s a felony that carries a maximum 10-year sentence. Court documents say Black admitted in a YouTube video to carrying a knife that day. "I wasn’t planning on pulling it. I just carry a knife because I do."

____
A felony conviction with a possible 10-year sentence is plenty strong for what this guy did.

It doesn't matter that the government couldn't prove a "specific intent" to stop the election certification.

· Man of Myth and Legend
20,480 Posts
Well, you keep thinking that.

Nemo

· Super Moderator
75,098 Posts
"U.S. District Court Judge Amy Berman Jackson ruled Black had a 'unique stew in his mind,' making it difficult to determine whether he knew he was breaking the law."

LOL. Very polite way of stating the obvious.

· Super Moderator
75,098 Posts
After a trial in the U.S. District Court in the District of Columbia, Black was found guilty of “entering and remaining in a restricted building or grounds with a deadly or dangerous weapon; disorderly and disruptive conduct in a restricted building or grounds with a deadly or dangerous weapon; unlawful possession of a dangerous weapon on Capitol grounds or buildings; entering and remaining on the floor of Congress; and disorderly conduct in a Capitol building,” according to a press release from the Department of Justice.

The judge presiding over Black’s case, U.S. District Court Judge Amy Berman Jackson, has scheduled his sentencing hearing for May 5, 2023. According to the DOJ’s press release, Black is facing multiple years in prison in addition to potential fines:

· Man of Myth and Legend
20,480 Posts
It doesn't matter that the government couldn't prove a "specific intent" to stop the election certification.
Keep thinking what?
Keep thinking that conviction is enough. It may be for his specific actions, but it surely is not enough for the current administration and DoJ to get another thing to blame on the Former President.

Nemo

· Registered
4,370 Posts

· Registered
3,575 Posts
Looks like the "I'm an idiot, not a criminal" defense isn't working for everyone.
During the trial, Barnett testified he was pushed into the Capitol during the riot and was
looking for a place to use the restroom inside the building, admiring all the artwork along the way.
That’s believable I guess🤣

· Registered
3,575 Posts
I don’t know what the right punishment is for this. I don’t think they are evil people. I feel bad for them. They were lied to and made to believe they were doing what they should. I don’t think they need to be ruined. In many other countries they would have been dead already. I can’t understand how they thought there would be no consequences and that Trump actually had their backs.

· Super Moderator
75,098 Posts
I don’t know what the right punishment is for this. I don’t think they are evil people. I feel bad for them. They were lied to and made to believe they were doing what they should. I don’t think they need to be ruined. In many other countries they would have been dead already. I can’t understand how they thought there would be no consequences and that Trump actually had their backs.
I find it hard to believe that the persons hired to protect the Capitol shot only one person.

· Super Moderator
75,098 Posts

· NRA Certified Instructor
6,964 Posts
What they are actually doing is trying to track down everyone that actually marched to the capitol from the Trump rally. Just because they marched down the sstreet does not mean they were part of the invading force that actually stormed the capital. Most just went home after the rally but quite a few did march down the street,

· Super Moderator
75,098 Posts
What they are actually doing is trying to track down everyone that actually marched to the capitol from the Trump rally. Just because they marched down the sstreet does not mean they were part of the invading force that actually stormed the capital. Most just went home after the rally but quite a few did march down the street,
Where are you getting that?

Take a look at the link in post #476 if you have not already read it.

· NRA Certified Instructor
6,964 Posts
Where are you getting that?

Take a look at the link in post #476 if you have not already read it.
So almost 1,000 have been charged and they are seeking another 300 or so? I read some where on here they were tracking peoples cell phones that were in the area. Now let that sink in... In the area does not mean they were actually part of the invasion. I personally doubt there were even near 1,000 that actually took part in it. None of the videos even come close to showing that number of people.

In other words it just does not add up.

· Super Moderator
75,098 Posts
There were a lot more than 1000 folks at the rally. AP reports 10,000. Trump claims it was the biggest crowd he has ever seen (LOL).

"It was a massive rally with hundreds and hundreds of thousands of people. I think it was the largest crowd I've ever spoken to before," he said in that interview.​

461 - 480 of 501 Posts