Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

341 - 360 of 402 Posts

·
Registered
14,163 Posts
I've given you several pieces of evidence on that. For example, he lives in that big white house on Pennsylvania Ave. in Washington D.C., he flies on Air Force One, he sleeps with the first lady (probably not much else), he stands in front of lots of American flags and has the seal of the POTUS on his lectern when he tries to read the teleprompter. Now let's see you disprove any of that.
None of that means Biden is running the country as "president." He's this far -> <- from being a vegatable. My opinion is we're being run by committee. Obama and his right hand Eric Holder developing strategy and feeding it to the White House through Susan Rice. I've read some others have the same opinion.

·
Registered
9,279 Posts
LOL! So, wait. Let me get this straight.

Powell has file a motion to dismiss the lawsuit. Have you read it? She does NOT claim her statements are factual. I repeat, does NOT.

LOL!

All she had to do was stand on what she said and prove it was true. Why? Truth is an absolute defense to any sort of libel lawsuit.

But she did not.

On November 20, 2020, attorney Sidney Powell participated in a podcast with Larry O'Connor, published by the Washington Examiner, in which she not only professed her willingness to stake her personal and professional reputation on the allegations she made about Dominion Voting Systems' alleged role in committing massive election fraud that stole votes from Donald Trump in order to hand the election to Joe Biden, she said SHE WOULD LOVE FOR DOMINION TO SUE HER OVER THOSE ALLEGATIONS.

Dominion obliged, suing her for $1.3 billion in damages as a consequence of her defamatory claims. The strongest possible defense to the lawsuit would be to assert that Powell's claims WERE TRUE - truth is an absolute defense in this sort of situation. But Powell has now filed a motion to dismiss which argues that "reasonable people would not accept such statements as fact but view them only as claims that await testing by the courts through the adversary process."

So I put the question to those of you who believed the Trump campaign's claims about vote switching - did you take Powell's claims to be statements of fact that were capable of being proven or disproven, or merely statements of Powell's opinion?
Yes, I read it. And?

Can you say "discovery"?

Dominion is exactly where we want them to be.

Influencer

Sidney
7 hours ago·

@ SidneyPowell
expand_more

The #fakenews is lying again about our filings in the Dominion case. My position has not changed. We will take Dominion to the mat.

·
Registered
9,279 Posts

·
Registered
9,279 Posts
Are you starting to understand you were suckered?

“Such characterizations of the allegedly defamatory statements further support Defendants’ position that reasonable people would not accept such statements as fact but view them only as claims that await testing by the courts through the adversary process.”
Yes, she claimed I am a reasonable person that did not view her statements as fact until proven through the courts in an adversary process.

:)

Would that make you an unreasonable person since you have fallen for fake news ....again?

·
Registered
9,279 Posts
LOL! So, wait. Let me get this straight.

Powell has file a motion to dismiss the lawsuit. Have you read it? She does NOT claim her statements are factual. I repeat, does NOT.

LOL!

All she had to do was stand on what she said and prove it was true. Why? Truth is an absolute defense to any sort of libel lawsuit.

But she did not.

On November 20, 2020, attorney Sidney Powell participated in a podcast with Larry O'Connor, published by the Washington Examiner, in which she not only professed her willingness to stake her personal and professional reputation on the allegations she made about Dominion Voting Systems' alleged role in committing massive election fraud that stole votes from Donald Trump in order to hand the election to Joe Biden, she said SHE WOULD LOVE FOR DOMINION TO SUE HER OVER THOSE ALLEGATIONS.

Dominion obliged, suing her for $1.3 billion in damages as a consequence of her defamatory claims. The strongest possible defense to the lawsuit would be to assert that Powell's claims WERE TRUE - truth is an absolute defense in this sort of situation. But Powell has now filed a motion to dismiss which argues that "reasonable people would not accept such statements as fact but view them only as claims that await testing by the courts through the adversary process."

So I put the question to those of you who believed the Trump campaign's claims about vote switching - did you take Powell's claims to be statements of fact that were capable of being proven or disproven, or merely statements of Powell's opinion?
One more reply, then I will await your rebuttal.

·
Cross-drawer
7,193 Posts
Was there ever a time when we could have discussions and allow others to have their own opinions without belittling each other?
Asking for myself, because I don't have any friends.

·
Banned
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #348 · (Edited)
None of that means Biden is running the country as "president." He's this far -> <- from being a vegatable. My opinion is we're being run by committee. Obama and his right hand Eric Holder developing strategy and feeding it to the White House through Susan Rice. I've read some others have the same opinion.
I didn't say he was running the country, I was only furnishing evidence that the is the president, and he is.

·
68,665 Posts
Are you starting to understand you were suckered?

Yes, she claimed I am a reasonable person that did not view her statements as fact until proven through the courts in an adversary process.

:)

Would that make you an unreasonable person since you have fallen for fake news ....again?

View attachment 17939
I have a hard time even following the arguments you are trying to make.

Sidney Powell - I think, not sure, but I think, you are saying you did indeed believe what she said and that they were factual, true statements. Do I have that part correct? Sidney Powell is a defendant. So, when the brief says, "reasonable people (er, persons!) would not accept such statements as fact but view them only as claims" it would seem that you would recognize this language from our exchanges here - that is, that you constantly make "claims" but never back them up.

Do you understand what a motion to dismiss is? <---- Serious question.

She is seeking to get rid of the lawsuit on the ground that her statements were not fact but just opinion.

In other words, her motion is not seeking to prove her claims in court, she is trying to get rid of the lawsuit altogether.

So on the one hand you have her inviting the lawsuit, because she is making true, factual statements, and then, on the other, as soon as the lawsuit is filed, oh, my statements were not to be taken as facts by any reasonable person, so please, judge, dismiss the lawsuit and let me out of this.

And you think "Dominion is exactly where we want them to be." :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I love how you think me quoting Sidney Powell's own words and briefing is falling "for fake news . . . again?"

What she says is factual, but it is also fake news? Wow. You are not even internally consistent in your thinking. No wonder it is so difficult to get you focused on an issue and discussing it.

·
68,665 Posts
And you do realize that filing the motion to dismiss puts off discovery, right? This means she is not eager to engage in discovery in addition to trying to avoid the lawsuit entirely by claiming that her statements were not statements of fact.

·
68,665 Posts
I wonder how closely you even read the "Response to the Fake News Attacks on Sidney Powell." It is a straw man. They change the argument by changing the language and then claiming that changed language is not in the motion.

Also, note this document nowhere describes them as standing on the truth.

They assert "public figure" defense. That is a defense in which you claim you can say whatever false crap you want about somebody who is a public figure, as long as you did not do it with "actual malice."

Please pay attention to what is going on.

Have you ever thought about just reading things to see where they guide you, instead of just trying to fight hard for what you believed absent any evidence and then trying to view everything you see through that predetermined lens? The latter approach sometimes misleads. Almost everything you see is presented with an agenda. You seem to understand that when it comes to mainstream news media, but you seem incapable of engaging critical thinking when it comes to one of your pet issues on which you have a predetermined notion.

·
Registered
14,163 Posts
I didn't say he was running the country, I was only furnishing evidence that the is the president, and he is.
If Creepy isn't running the country then he isn't the president.

·
Registered
8,432 Posts
A conspiracy site is asking if a $20M receipt is valid? The 2020 elections office budget was only $5.5M.

I also don’t know how they arrived at $20M based on the evidence presented and I read it 3 times to make sure.

·
Registered
9,279 Posts
I have a hard time even following the arguments you are trying to make.

Sidney Powell - I think, not sure, but I think, you are saying you did indeed believe what she said and that they were factual, true statements. Do I have that part correct? Sidney Powell is a defendant. So, when the brief says, "reasonable people (er, persons!) would not accept such statements as fact but view them only as claims" it would seem that you would recognize this language from our exchanges here - that is, that you constantly make "claims" but never back them up.

Do you understand what a motion to dismiss is? <---- Serious question.

She is seeking to get rid of the lawsuit on the ground that her statements were not fact but just opinion.

In other words, her motion is not seeking to prove her claims in court, she is trying to get rid of the lawsuit altogether.

So on the one hand you have her inviting the lawsuit, because she is making true, factual statements, and then, on the other, as soon as the lawsuit is filed, oh, my statements were not to be taken as facts by any reasonable person, so please, judge, dismiss the lawsuit and let me out of this.

And you think "Dominion is exactly where we want them to be." :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I love how you think me quoting Sidney Powell's own words and briefing is falling "for fake news . . . again?"

What she says is factual, but it is also fake news? Wow. You are not even internally consistent in your thinking. No wonder it is so difficult to get you focused on an issue and discussing it.

Sydney Powell wants the case moved to Texas.

Sydney Powell, herself, not a spokesperson, not a lawyer on her behalf, said the fake news misrepresented what she said.

She also claimed Dominion filed in the wrong jurisdiction. She also claimed she will take Dominion "to the mat" ...

But she is a lady. If someone were to try to slit my throat, I would absolutely destroy them. Taking them "to the mat" is a wrestling term.

341 - 360 of 402 Posts