Props to Speer Ammo

Discussion in 'Ammo' started by Cagleicious, Oct 26, 2010.

1. Cagleicious

Cagleicious New Member

So when I got my 1911 :mrgreen: I bought one of the 20rnd boxes of Speer Gold Dot for my self defense ammo.
    Got home and started loading my mags when I noticed that one of the rounds was a good bit lower than the others.. So upon further inspection the lead was seated WAAY low in the case. I contacted Speer to let them know what had happened so they could make sure it wouldn't happen with anyone else (I can just see some dumb :cantsay: not paying attention or knowing and shooting it and.... you get the picture). Chances are nothing bad would happen but you never know.
    I had a response in a matter of 30 minutes and sent pictures & Lot numbers to them etc.. I was told to send the one round into them to dispose of, inspect, whatever. And that they would send me a replacement.

So I dropped the 1 round off in UPS in the 20rnd box and didn't think anything about it.
    Picked up a package from UPS today from speer. They sent me a 50rnd Box of their Law Enforcement stuff.. Personally I feel that they did an awesome job handling all of this and I certainly didn't expect to receive a free box of ammo, much less a 50 rounder.

I did have pics, but not sure where they went. It was seated a good 1/4" lower than the rest.
    So anywho... :righton: to Speer

2. GooberTim

GooberTim New Member

:soapbox: DON'T BUY GOLD DOTS IN 20 ROUND BOXES!!!!!

The 50 round boxes are no more $ and often less expensive!

:righton:

3. COMMANDER1911

COMMANDER1911 New Member

I get my gold dots at GT distributors in Rossville, GA. 20 rd box for $21.99 :D

4. Melissa5

Melissa5 Active Member

The 50 round box is still a better deal. My last box of 50 was $41.59 (shipping included and no tax). I still get 10 more rounds than you if you had bought 2 boxes of 20 rounds and for less money.

5. SongDogSniper

SongDogSniper New Member

50 round LE boxes are a way better deal. Same exact ammo as what is sold retail in 20 round boxes. But the profit margin is WAY higher on the retail packaged product.

Check www.ammunitiontogo.com for 50 round LE boxes of Speer ammo. I just wait until I need to place a bulk order for ammo from them, to keep the shipping costs reasonable.

6. COMMANDER1911

COMMANDER1911 New Member

I meant say I get a 50 rd box for $21. GT always has awesome prices on ammo.

7. SongDogSniper

SongDogSniper New Member

Wow, that is excellent pricing! I am going to have to check with them next time I am looking for more Speer Gold Dots. From their website, it looks like they sell to law enforcement, military and security only.

8. GooberTim

GooberTim New Member

Some of their new firearms are only to LEOs and the like (Glock, Sig, maybe one more) but all used and some new brands are sold to anyone who can legally purchase, as is any other merchandise. I've never tried to buy ammo from them, so I don't know about that.

They're in a windowless block building with a metal door. Ring the bell and smile for the camera - if you don't look like you're fixin' to shoot up the place, they'll let you in.

9. COMMANDER1911

COMMANDER1911 New Member

New Glocks are now sold to civilians as well. They have a sign on the case stating it. I buy all the ammo I want also. I was in there a few dys ago and they had some 1st gen glocks for $285

10. Melissa5

Melissa5 Active Member

Thanks for posting about GT Distributors, commander1911. I just ordered some stuff from them. Even with shipping and tax it was still a good price.