Proper disposal of a firearm

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by glockgirl, Mar 14, 2007.

1. glockgirl

glockgirl Guest

i have a friend that has a really cheap .32 junk gun that she doesn't want, need, or know how to handle so we need to dispose of it. It is not something any respectable, safe firearm owner would want. what is the best way to dispose of it? I asked the local PD and they told me to call dispatch and they would send an officer over to pick it up but figured I would ask ya'll before I did that in case there was an easier less paperwork method. somehow I don't think it is going to be as easy as handing the gun to the nice LEO and being done with it.

2. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired Active Member

Donate it to me and I can use it as an non-firing example in my courses. I'll even give you some cash credit towards a course once I get my range issues finished. I'm also looking for both firing and non-firing examples of single and double action revolvers. Just not too keen on passing my personal firearms around to students.

3. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

Proof load-- handload?

Ever thought of working up some +P+++++++ handloads for it, and firing it by duct-taping it to a support of some kind and pulling the trigger with a long string? See what happens when you put a primed, resized empty case in the chamber, then pour about 50 grains of powder down the muzzle, topped off with maybe a 158-grain, .357 diameter slug. If you have a chronograph handy, let me know how fast the bullet goes. If you have TWO chronographs, put one behind it and let me know how fast the slide goes the other way too!

(( For everyone reading this, I'm just joking. Don't even think about trying anything this dangerous!)) [-X

(( For myself, I would. :p ))

4. glockgirl

glockgirl Guest

Re: Proof load-- handload?

i bet your grade school teacher said you had a vivid imagination. :screwy:

5. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired Active Member

From what I've read a Davis pistol is about as close as you can come to a street legal "hand grenade"! :shock: