Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't have words. Well, I do, but...

http://popularmilitary.com/professo...pus-carry-law-shows-class-full-battle-rattle/

What a douche nozzle...

I was just saying I don’t feel safe, Smith said on Tuesday. “It definitely makes me feel uneasy that there are more firearms on campus than there really should be,†Smith said. “(Dressing this way) was just a statement on how I felt.â€

A teacher at the campus for ten years, Smith has encountered the occasional heated student- something that worries him when firearms are added to the mix, no matter if the person carrying is qualified to do so or not.

“I realize students were carrying guns on campus illegally, but now it’s legal to do so. It increases the chances of something happening,†Smith said. “Used to, when they got mad at me, they had to go home to get the gun and had time to cool off, now they will have it with them.â€

Attachments

·
Registered
9,458 Posts

·
Swollen Member
11,969 Posts
"I realize students were carrying guns on campus illegally, but now it's legal to do so. It increases the chances of something happening," Smith said. "Used to, when they got mad at me, they had to go home to get the gun and had time to cool off, now they will have it with them."
He contradicts his own statement.

·
I watch the watchers
12,885 Posts
I give this special snowflake about a week before he decides that his "political statement" is weighing too heavily on him and goes back to his flip-flops and patchouli scented shampoo.

·
Registered
10,809 Posts
So what are the odds that he has the ballistic plates in that vest?

·
Man of Myth and Legend
15,160 Posts
Doesn't battle rattle include a rifle and spare magazine or 2?

Doesn't his armor just make him fit the category of speaking and showing things he has no real brains about or knowledge of?

Nemo

·
Registered
9,458 Posts
I'd like to know where he got a chair in camo. At first glance anyway.

·
Man of Myth and Legend
15,160 Posts
He is in Tx so that is just standard Western Diamondback rattler hide.

Nemo

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,532 Posts
I don't agree with the professor's position on campus carry, and I think his fears are irrational, BUT I LIKE HIS METHOD OF PROTEST.
It's not disruptive, it's not offensive to anybody (except maybe pacifists who cringe at the sight of any military gear), it doesn't interfere with him teaching or the students learning, AND it requires some effort on his part. A money investment to get that body armor and the strength to wear that heavy stuff all day, or at least during each class. Good for him. You go, Professor !!!!

·
I watch the watchers
12,885 Posts
The question I would have is .... Is that really body armor or just an empty plate carrier? Aside from 10+ lbs of weight it's also a few hundred dollars difference.
My money's on an empty $50 surplus store ACU plate carrier and a $20 plastic PASGT helmet rather than a $3-400 ESAPI plate and $100 Kevlar helmet. He's protesting by virtue signaling, not afraid.

·
Registered
8,783 Posts
If I was in his class, I'd spring for the hydration bladder and a Molle attachment for whiteboard markers and the eraser. I'd make sure I was a polite and model student for the duration of the term. Should he still be wearing if after I had my grades for the last class I ever took from him, I'd certainly find him in person and invite him to the range as well.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts