Professional Courtesy???

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by AeroShooter, Oct 17, 2007.

1. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

Hmmm..

Hmmm... the first cop, given a ticket for 19 mph over the limit on his way to a LEO training seminar, mentioned that he's given plenty of people breaks when he pulled them over.

He mentioned one case of someone driving 150+ on L.S.D.

150 plus. :shock:
    on L.S.D., a major hallucenogenic drug :shock:

I really want to know why THAT person got a break that day!

(Maybe she was a Playboy Bunny on the way to a party at the Hefner mansion, and she was already dressed for the occasion?)

2. tace

tace New Member

Funny how all the NY cops on the way to FL (stereotype much?) didn't get the whole stick it to the Yanks thing.

3. Brian618

Brian618 New Member

"Professional Courtesy" or a feeling of entitlement and no duty to obey the laws they are charged with enforcing?

I would hope the posts are not indicative all LEOs out there.

4. cdtracing

cdtracing New Member

I've always said, If you want to play, you got to pay. I can honestly say that I've have been let go with a warning about as many times as i've been ticketed. While I don't like to collect tickets I don't bitch about it either because I WAS speeding. Those whining cry babies just need to suck it up and pay the fine like the rest of us.

5. Fallschirmjäger

Fallschirmjäger I watch the watchers

My heart fairly bleeds for them.

"I wasn't really paying attention, just keeping up with traffic and got nailed for 80 in a 65 zone..."
    " I was caught going 65 in a 45 mph zone because I didn't see the sign..."
    "I was schlepping my sister because I wasn't really sure it was wrong..."

Sorry, but wrong is wrong, infractions are infractions, and just being a menber of the gang isn't a good excuse. A few weeks in the Academy doesn't qualify anyone to drive at unsafe speeds any more than being raised in Germany and spending hours every week for 5 years makes anyone else.

6. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

+1

7. LonelyMachines

LonelyMachines Guest

Lovely...an entire site devoted to casting aspersions on their "brothers and sisters," who are doing exactly what they're supposed to do: enforce the law

Now, I understand there's "wiggle room," and it should be appreciated when given, but to slander other officers for not doing so is wrong.

I'd like the site better if the folks writing on it had to submit their REAL names and badge numbers.

8. gizmo5

gizmo5 New Member

I vote DOUBLE penalties for those that break the law that are suppose to uphold it.

I had a whole thing typed out about this subject, but I will leave it to the previos message above... :evil:

9. jeepsterwannabe

jeepsterwannabe New Member

More scumbags in LEO clothing.