Problem with this site....

Discussion in 'Website & Forum Suggestions' started by GAGunOwner, Nov 7, 2006.

1. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

When I log in and then click on forum, and then click on "Unread posts" I get the normal list of new posts but when I click on one and read it instead of going away like normal, it remains in the list of "Unread Posts."

It makes it very hard to keep up with what I've read and what I haven't read. I usually read every post so.....please help.

Thanks,
    GaGunOwner

2. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

Ok, I will see what I can find.

3. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

I am having trouble when I click on some of the threads I get a "this page does not exist" type blank white page.

4. kkennett

kkennett New Member

I'm having the same problem as GAGunOwner. I was assuming it was problem with transmission through the hotel system here, but perhaps not.

5. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

I have not had that happen to me. Do you know what page or topic you clicked on to get that?

6. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

Never mind it just happened to me. Though I think I know why but it will take a few days to get it worked out. Though until then all you have to do is hit reload/refresh and should come up.

7. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

Nope, I was wrong. I have sent a problem report to the new host.

It has even said the homepage does not exist, after a few clicks of the refresh button and its there.

Something is wrong here... and if it isn't fixed fast I am changing back to the old host.

8. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

AND it took me four attempts to post the above.

9. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

I have just called them and had them escallate the problem report to their engineers. However since the problem comes and goes it might take a couple of days to fix.

If it is not fixed by Saturday night I will move back to the old host.

10. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

It is still messing up. Though it appears that if you just wait a minute and hit reload it will start working again.

It is really getting on my nerves.

11. blare

blare New Member

I have been having 404 errors also.

12. merlock

merlock New Member

I'm getting random 404, and page does not exist errors this afternoon. :(

13. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

Well, I have been told that they are working on it and it may take until Tuesday to get it worked out.

I can either move the website back to the previous host, which may take until Monday or Tuesday for everyone to be updated. Or I can wait and hope that the new host can figure out the problem by Tuesday.

Although I am extreamly frustrated with the situation, I am going to give the new host a few more days to figure out the problem.

14. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

Well I am probably going to jinx it but it appears that the 404 errors are gone. It sometimes takes a little bit for a page to load but frankly that is far better than not getting the page at all.

15. GeorgiaGlocker

GeorgiaGlocker Romans 1:16

I have had no problems at all today.

16. GeorgiaGlocker

Well, I might have jinxed myself. It took alot longer than normal to send my above post. This one may take just as long.

17. GeorgiaGlocker

My above post was sent very quickly.

18. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

The website takes longer to go from page to page now.

I haven't got any of those 404 "page not found" messages today, thank God.

But, the original problem that made me start this thread is still happening. I know I know...just hit refresh...but still hopefully this will all be fixed soon.

Thanks for the great site.

19. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

I have not looked into this very much as it could be part of the problem the host is trying to fix. Though I did forget to set permissions on the cache folder so that may speed up the forum (as of the time of this post). However it did not fix this particular problem.