Problem = Guns or Meds?

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by Malum Prohibitum, Apr 24, 2007.

1. ber950

ber950 Active Member

:screwy: Don't blame the nutcase blame the drugs or the guns or the clips or the hollowpoints....

2. HannitizedRushBaby

HannitizedRushBaby New Member

I read this article yesterday and had planned to post it here today. I am sick of the "guns kill people" phrase... so I found this article very interesting. I mean, of course, it's not the pills killing people... but obviously these pills do play into a many of these horrific incidents.

I do believe that some kids are hyper-active... and some people do have chemical imbalances. BUT... these medications are given out entirely too frequently!!!

I think that anyone who has been declared "mentally ill" or anyone who is on these types of drugs should not be allowed to purchase a weapon.

That's just my opinion though...

3. GeorgiaGlocker

GeorgiaGlocker Romans 1:16

Many people take anti-depressants for many reasons. One for instance is for the prevention of migraines. That doesn't have anything to do with your state of mind.

And more more thing, I almost want to scream everytime I hear one of those news people call a mag a clip. :x

4. NetAdminWithGun

NetAdminWithGun New Member

ahh man i just got these cool 17 round clips for my beretta

buwhahahaha

5. Macktee

Macktee New Member

Weeellllllllllll, much as I hate to rat anybody out........

In another posting,

somewhere here at GCO,

earlier today,

one of our own,

one of our very own,

one whom we all look upon with reverence bordering on near-worship,

yeah,

that one

called a mag a clip.

No. I'm not mentioning any names, but I tell you I was shocked. Yes, SHOCKED!!! when I saw it.

Gasp! The horror of it all... The only solution I can see is to start Happy Hour early today.

6. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired Active Member

I did not!

7. Dan H

Dan H New Member

So Im guessing you would love my 20 round mags then?

8. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Drugs don't make people kill.
    Guns don't make people kill.
    Spoons don't make Rosie fat.

9. Dan H

Dan H New Member

Yeah, and one more point on medicated A.D.D. Kids. Put them in front of a playstation and see how bad their A.D.D. is...

10. HannitizedRushBaby

HannitizedRushBaby New Member

Amen! After being home-schooled, I know how easy it is to get distracted... but I also remember what Daddy's belt felt like to my poor little rump! I'm guessing that about 1% of the kids on those medications truly need it... the rest just need to be taken behind the wood shed.

11. GeorgiaGlocker

or my 33 round mags.

12. GeorgiaGlocker

Knowing you......you probably did. [-X

13. GeorgiaGlocker

you need to be on an anti-depressant. =;

14. Dan H

Dan H New Member

:(

15. glockgirl

glockgirl New Member

I believe I got a thorough chastazing for doing this very same thing in my first post.... I can't imagine he would do the same thing

16. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

I disagree. Some perscription drugs can have side effects or interactions that can make people "crazy."

17. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

IMO, people are still responsible for their actions, regardless of what chemicals are present in their system.

18. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

Strong perscription drugs can transcend this. People can and do loose total control on strong perscription drugs, if a gun happened to be present and they shot someone, they wouldn't be responsible.

19. ahlongslide

ahlongslide New Member

THEY SHOULD BE!!! Why would you take strong prescription drugs that are known to make you lose control when there are GUNS around?!?!?

I mean, me and my friends take drugs and then shoot each other and we've never gotten in trouble, but come on... those are just .22s... nothing big. :^o