Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I saw a thread with the question if GA Probate Judges have to be lawyers..

Probate Court

Original jurisdiction in the probate of wills and administration of decedents' estates is designated to the probate court of each county. Probate judges are also authorized to order involuntary hospitalization of an incapacitated adult or other individual and to appoint a legal guardian to handle the affairs of certain specified individuals. Probate courts issue marriage licenses and licenses to carry firearms.
In counties where no state court exists, probate judges may hear traffic violations, certain misdemeanors, and citations involving the state game and fish laws. Many probate judges are authorized to serve as the county elections supervisor; they also administer oaths of office and make appointments to certain local public offices. In counties where the total population exceeds 96,000, the probate judge must be a licensed attorney who has practiced law for seven years.
http://www.georgiacourts.org/aoc/selfhe ... ml#probate

·
69,743 Posts
There are a lot of counties in Georgia where the population is less than 96,000. :wink:

·
Premium Member
8,460 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
There are a lot of counties in Georgia where the population is less than 96,000. :wink:
I would be willing to bet that the smaller populated counties are a majority in GA.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts