Pro-Gun Defense Attorneys

Discussion in 'GWL News & Information' started by Doc Holliday, Jul 14, 2006.

1. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday New Member

In the event that I ever have to defend myself or family I would like to have an attorney ready to go that I could call to represent me. If you guys know of any of the best defense attorneys please let me know who they are so perhaps I could contact them and get a business card. I'm looking for one that specializes in self defense type cases. Please don't direct me to George Stein or Ken Nuggent! :D

2. geaux_tigers

geaux_tigers Member

Doc Holliday, I know what you mean. I'd like to find one as well. Someone once suggested carrying a attorney's business card along with a CCW license in case anything should happen; seems like prudent step to take.

Anyone have any ideas?

3. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday New Member

So anybody have any info?

I would really appreciate it.

4. jrm

jrm Sledgehammer

I'm afraid you might be looking for someone that doesn't exist. I've never heard of a criminal defense attorney that emphasizes self defense cases, probably because there are not enough self-defense cases where the defender actually calls a lawyer. I suspect most self-defense cases are rather clear-cut and never go anywhere, and the defender never bothers to call a lawyer.

5. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

Agg Assault

Just find an experienced criminal defense attorney who is successful, has a network of influential friends, donates money to all the judges' re-election campaigns, and regularly appears in the court that will hear your case. Make sure that he or she has defended "aggravated assault" cases in the past. Ask of any of them involved the defendant claiming self-defense (this would require that he admitted doing the act, and offered evidence to justify it).

If you find such a lawyer, you'll be in much better shape than a defense attorney who happens to be a gun-owner and Second Amendment supporter, but who may have never handled an aggravated assault or homicide case, and who never actually researched the law of self-defense with a client's liberty on the line.