Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A conservative, notoriously pro-gun, pro-2nd Amd. newspaper columnist died a few days ago when he was showing one of his guns to some other people and the gun "went off."

[or so they say... I think there's a human finger involved in this, but the "gun just went off" story is so much easier for the mainstream media to take and run with.]

EDITED: THe news story below doesn't say the gun "just went off." Other pseudo-news online sites say that, but they're not as credible as the NY Daily News and I'd rather link to the better-known press source.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/columnist-killed-gun-showing-teen-article-1.2927982

P.S. Lib-tards are making the most of this, laughing and dancing in his blood, over the irony of a gun advocate being killed by the gun that he owned to supposedly make himself and his family safer.

Post-P.S. Don't assume that anybody you hand your loaded gun to won't shoot you with it.
People are incredibly stupid.
And teenage boys are also known for unexplained outbursts of homicidal / suicidal behavior.

·
GeePeeDoHolic
6,414 Posts
What? Does this make sense to anybody else?

An autopsy has been scheduled to determine his exact cause of death.

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Stupidity like this abounds in law enforcement.

If the guy had lived, he could have told the cops what happened.
The teen who shot him could have told the cops the exact same story.
Two other witnesses could have corroborated this.
The gun in question could have been laying on the table , blood spatter on its slide and barrel bushing, smelling freshly fired and with one round missing from the mag, and an empty case on the floor nearby, with the same headstamp as all the other rounds in the gun's magazine.

Guess what?

Cops will still send the gun to the crime lab to be tested and possibly "matched with" the bullet that went into the victim.

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
On the other hand, an autopsy is good policy for any homicidal death, or even any non-natural death to see if the victim was himself high on drugs or drunk at the time. This could be an important issue later, if the family of the deceased considers filing a civil suit.

·
NRA Instructor
3,391 Posts
And what is one of the major safety rules?

NEVER hand a loaded firearm to another person.

This is where the problem started and where it ended.

·
Junior Butt Warmer
46,427 Posts
Wegahe said:
Same reason for not trying to catch one (falling or tossed), right?

8)

Wegahe said:
"Started" I'll agree with, but not "ended". There's still muzzle discipline and booger hooks contributing.

·
Super Moderator
7,142 Posts

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,900 Posts
And what is one of the major safety rules?

Could not agree more.

I always check each firearm I receive while pointing in a safe direction to ensure it is unloaded before I proceed with anything.

I also unload and check any firearm before handing to anyone else, to ensure it is unloaded before I hand it to them.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Could not agree more.

I always check each firearm I receive while pointing in a safe direction to ensure it is unloaded before I proceed with anything.

I also unload and check any firearm before handing to anyone else, to ensure it is unloaded before I hand it to them.
Hey, I'm not the only guy. I've only had one gun counter guy thank me for doing so.

·
American
3,289 Posts
Hey, I'm not the only guy. I've only had one gun counter guy thank me for doing so.
I've had a couple but not many. Always check to see if it's clear when I get it too.

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
I had a man ask me one time why I checked a pistol for a round in the tube and the magazine after I had watched him clear the weapon before handing it to me. He was a little tiffed about it. I told him that if God himself had gave me that weapon and said it was not loaded that I would still check the weapon.

·
American
3,289 Posts
I had a man ask me one time why I checked a pistol for a round in the tube and the magazine after I had watched him clear the weapon before handing it to me. He was a little tiffed about it. I told him that if God himself had gave me that weapon and said it was not loaded that I would still check the weapon.
Your DI would have approved of that answer.

·
Deplorable bitter clinger.
5,696 Posts
When I'm on the gun sales counter, I can always recognize the gun savvy guys and former military, because they will drop the mag and pull the slide and inspect the chamber, even after I've done it in front of them before handing them the gun.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.