Private security - Century Parkway

Discussion in 'Places Off-Limits' started by kkennett, Sep 24, 2007.

1. kkennett

kkennett New Member

Just FYI,

I have a good client in the large white office building at 2400 Century Parkway, right next to I-85 and across from the Marriott. A couple of years ago the CDC decided to lease a couple floors in that building. Since then, there has been private security with metal detectors and x-ray machines at the main entrance to the building. Consequently, one cannot carry there. My client's floors are privately owned and occupied. Ultimately it's like the aquarium - no GA criminal code problems unless you go to the CDC floors, but they choose to manage their building for no firearms. I'm guessing you would be asked to leave if they found one on your way in.

2. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Since the CDC floors are in the same building, carrying into that building (on any floor) isn't a crime?

3. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

Why would it be?

it isn't publicly owned or operated, as a whole.

4. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

What about 200 yards?

5. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

It’s more like a mall. One can shop in a store right next to Applebee’s and not violate -127. One could visit the floors right above or below the CDC floors and be legal, I would hope.

I’m still not clear about the “200 yard rule.†Yes, the case ruling points out that the contraband in the buggy was still illegal when 200 yards away, but I haven’t seen anything that clearly states 201 yards is perfectly legal.

6. Fallschirmjäger

Fallschirmjäger I watch the watchers

If you are a visitor at 2400 Century Cntr and require being signed in thru the security desk, you will have to do the magnetometer/x-ray thing.
    If you've got a CDC badge you can just say 'Hi' to the guard and be on your merry way. It works the same way at 1600 Clifton Ave (CDC Hq), people have to go thru daily vehicle, magnetometer and x-ray checks until their security investigation is completed, even if that takes close to a year before they get 'badged'.

Apparently... only visitors would ever wish ill to the nice people there, those who work for the CDC would never, ever be disillusioned or try to let loose the monkeys from the laboratories.

It's a bit funny as Century Center, Corporate Square, Executive Park and a few other campuses are strictly administrative offices with no labs or live agents of any sort. But they Are federal property or federally leased and we all know that the gov't Must be protected even if that means we must be denied protections.

Oh... the secutity at those admin offices are just uniforms, no arms. Even CDC Hq's are required to carry in condition 3. You really don't want to ask how often they qualify if my sources are right.

7. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Oh ok.

8. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

Reports from this website indicate that the GA Aquarium sells alcohol for consumption on the premisis.