Primrose and other pre K schools?

Discussion in 'Places Off-Limits' started by Axeman, Jun 4, 2007.

1. Axeman

Axeman New Member

My wife and I take some evening walks for exercise (and of course I am packin') and we take different routes sometimes, (you know keep people guessing), one of the routes we take happens to require us to use the side walk while passing a Primrose Pre-K school.

Are Pre-K schools actually schools that are off-limits? :?: I am usually concealed but I don't want to get charged with doing a no-no.

Thanks.

2. jgullock

jgullock Active Member

How about O.C.G.A. 16-11-127.1(d)(1)?

3. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Unless you are going on school property, it shouldn't be a problem.

4. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

I don't think it is a problem even on school property.

5. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

True enough, and that is what the text says....but I'd imagine a judge saying "well.....they mean ALL schools really." Just like 60 days means "ah......whenever we get to it."

6. Axeman

Axeman New Member

Does anyone know what a secondary school is?

Is that what these Pre schools are? I would guess no but I don't want to bet the farm on it.

And about school property... Is the side walk that was put there by the county I am guessing, property of the school or not. The side walk goes the entire length of the road so I am guessing it was the county.

I have also heard that you don't actually own the first X number feet of your property that faces the street because of something to do with the roads, which is why I suppose they can just put a sidewalk on your property wheather you want one or not.

ARRHHHH!

7. Axeman

Axeman New Member

Is walking by considered Lawfull bussiness?

8. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

High school.

:wink:

9. Axeman

Axeman New Member

Thanks.

I'm not looking to carry at the school so much as on the public side walk on my way past the school. It is all the corner lot so I have to walk on 2 sides of it.

This is one reason I haven't just jumped in to OC, I keep seeing more and more potential issues. And with my luck I will find that 1 bozo who wants to harrass me and charge me with something. :(

10. Axeman

Axeman New Member

Thanks that is what I was thinking but you never know.

On another note then if an elementry and secondary (High school) is mentioned what about Middle School? :p

11. Purge

Purge New Member

Most schools with PreK are Federally funded.

12. jgullock

jgullock Active Member

Probably as much as driving by is.