Pretty But Not Smart

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by Malum Prohibitum, Sep 11, 2007.

1. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

I had to give this one its own thread.

Why can't 20% of Americans locate the United States on a map? Answer:

I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uh, some people out there in our nation don’t have maps, and, uh, I believe that our education like such as in South Africa and, uh, the Iraq everywhere like, such as and I believe that they should, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., er, should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future for our children.

Watch the Video!

2. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

She must go to public school.

***DISCLAIMER***This comment was made purely in the spirit of humor and not meant to offend any person in any way.

3. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

Except VOLGRAD's communist wife, right?

4. ber950

ber950 Active Member

I'm not sure she went to school. :roll:

5. merlock

merlock Active Member

She had a 3.5+ GPA in HS! :shock:

6. Thorsen

Thorsen New Member

I actually feel sorry for the girl. I doubt she is a total moron. I think a combination of youth, panic, and some coaching as to key points to try to include in whatever question she was given probably led to her mental brainfart.

7. VolGrad

VolGrad Tactical Statistician

I am not sure about that. I saw her on a follow-up interview on one of the morning programs. They let her answer the question again. Her answer wasn't much better. LOL.

8. VolGrad

Ya, she gets offended too easily. LOL.

9. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Even worse...

Last night while I am waiting in line to buy some stuff at wally world I hear a girl talking to her friend about a test she took earlier in the day. It was for a biology class. She says, "So like today we had this bio test and one of the questions was like 'were humans around when dinosaurs were around?' and I wasn't sure but I put that I think they were because like you always see that is movies and stuff."

Yeah. I laughed out loud.

10. VolGrad

I have a good one for you........

When I first moved to Athens we went to lunch at the Broad Street Bar & Grill on the corner of Broad & Jackson. Great little dive. Coed waitress had two blonde moments.

As she was going over the beer specials, I asked, "What is the Sweet Georgia Brown?" Her response was, "It's beer special #2." I had hoped for a description. The bartender overheard and showed up shortly thereafter with a small sample and a really embarrassed look.

After we finished our meal she asked if we would like dessert. My brother-in-law asked if they had any strawberry shortcake. Her reply, "Why? Do you want some?" No response from us, only blank stared and dropped chins.

My comment was this, "Cute will only get you so far. She had clearly maxed out."

11. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired Active Member

Just moments ago I found out that my wife is really blonde and has been hiding it from me for years!

She has a doctors apointment this afternoon and I called the house to remind her. She said of course she remembered and she was just leaving. Then I hear her car start and be put in gear. Did I mention that I called her at home? Yep, she was backing out of the drive while talking on the cordless house phone! :rotfl2: I calmly asked her if she was planning to take the house phone with her just as she lost signal.

12. Thorsen

Thorsen New Member

I see that all the time here at UGA. One of the courses I am required to take is an entry level political science class. The class is extremely boring because all the things that the professor is going over were covered long ago in my eighth grade Civics class. But the other day I saw something that just completely boggled my mind. The professor was talking about our congress and said "the U.S. Congress is bicameral". I was sitting back thinking "duh" when I looked over at the kid sitting next to me who was furiously writing notes and saw him write down "US Congress is bicameral". I had to bite my lip to keep from laughing. Sad.

13. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

What the hell? Haven't you ever watched C-SPAN? There are at least five cameras in the Senate!

14. ber950

ber950 Active Member

:rotfl:

When my wife was pregnant I told the doctor I was checking her for blond roots. The doctor nearly hit the floor.

15. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Well that's UGA... I'm not surprised.

16. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

I gotta admit...that was pretty funny.

17. merlock

merlock Active Member

:rotfl: