Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's pretty funny actually, the way Obama reacts to it.
 

·
I watch the watchers
Joined
·
12,883 Posts
"... but I'm sure there's somebody back there who's really nervous right now... heh heh heh, don't you think? They're sweating bullets back there right now...Ha ha ha..."

Oooooh, Mr They-Better-be-scared,-I'm-the-President! :roll:.
Others may have had a "... meh, accidents happen, let's drive on..." comment, but no, you are the Messiah.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
364 Posts
Everyone should get over whether they like the nation's choice for President or not.
All politics aside; He handled that with wit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
73 Posts
All i noticed was how must stalling was done while he stared into the teleprompters, waiting for his place in the speech to come back. The "sweating bullets guy" was whoever runs the teleprompter. :shattered:
 

·
Seasteading Aficionado
Joined
·
44,894 Posts
It was pretty funny and I think he handled it well.

I just don't understand why someone would be sweating bullets over there. TBH, if someone got in trouble after that, Obama is a real :3hat: . If someone got chewed out or fired over that, it would be a little absurd.
 

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
Joined
·
28,101 Posts
I didn't get the "sweating bullets" and "real nervous" comments?

Was he saying the poor slob who attached the Great Seal to that lectern is going to get fired for not using enough pins or strong enough glue or whatever?

But when he added the line about how he was still the President and everybody knew who he was even without the Seal, I was thinking his prior comment had something to do with his staff and cabinet being in fear of losing their jobs in the event that The Almighty removed Obama from office directly!
 

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
Joined
·
28,101 Posts
P.S. I still think that President "W" Bush ducking the thrown shoe was a better show of skill, though physical skill not verbal skills.

Too bad his comments afterward [not shown on this short video] were not as witty as Obama after the falling Seal.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
347 Posts
Im shocked that he didnt pick it up. Anybody in the military would pick their seal up if it fell out of respect for whay it stands for and their loyalty towards it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
425 Posts
Nobody ever doubted his charisma, I think the seal falling off is indicative of what he's done to his party.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,195 Posts
Hmmm... first thing that comes to my mind...

Maybe the universe was trying to send him (and us) a message.
BE the president - or don't represent yourself as the president...

Nah... couldn't happen 8)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
347 Posts
I wonder if it was the American flag if he would still stand there amd crack jokes leaving it for someone else to pick it up
 

·
Old, Slow, Boring Dude
Joined
·
2,468 Posts
gogriz91 said:
Nobody ever doubted his charisma, I think the seal falling off is indicative of what he's done to this [s:1fxei7nw]party[/s:1fxei7nw] country.
fixed it for ya
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,239 Posts
Fallschirmjäger said:
"... but I'm sure there's somebody back there who's really nervous right now... heh heh heh, don't you think? They're sweating bullets back there right now...Ha ha ha..."

Oooooh, Mr They-Better-be-scared,-I'm-the-President! :roll:.
Others may have had a "... meh, accidents happen, let's drive on..." comment, but no, you are the Messiah.
:roll:. You're joking right? I hope so. Obama was obviously joking. Hell, even as a liberal I have a dozen different issues I could legitimately slam Obama for that I don't need to make up additional ones.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wow guys, ya'll are reading WAY to far into it....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,679 Posts
gruntpain1775 said:
Wow guys, ya'll are reading WAY to far into it....
:lol: I think many of the forum members were born without a sense of humor. :D ......................................... :hide:
 

·
I watch the watchers
Joined
·
12,883 Posts
ookoshi said:
Fallschirmjäger said:
"... but I'm sure there's somebody back there who's really nervous right now... heh heh heh, don't you think? They're sweating bullets back there right now...Ha ha ha..."

Oooooh, Mr They-Better-be-scared,-I'm-the-President! :roll:.
Others may have had a "... meh, accidents happen, let's drive on..." comment, but no, you are the Messiah.
:roll:. You're joking right? I hope so. Obama was obviously joking. Hell, even as a liberal I have a dozen different issues I could legitimately slam Obama for that I don't need to make up additional ones.
Nope, not joking at all. I think his 'humor' was in extremely poor taste. He joked about some poor schlub losing his job over a minor kerfluffle. I think that's indicative of his state of mind towards other people.
My attitude towards other people is 'hey, it happened, don't worry, I don't blame you and you're not going to suddenly lose your job, your house, destroy your marriage, etc."

Two different attitudes, two different approaches in the way you look at your fellow man.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,239 Posts
Fallschirmjäger said:
Nope, not joking at all. I think his 'humor' was in extremely poor taste. He joked about some poor schlub losing his job over a minor kerfluffle. I think that's indicative of his state of mind towards other people.
No, he joked that some poor schlub is worried he was going to lose his job, which is different than joking that he was going to get the guy fired. When someone says "Haha, you were worried you're going to lose your job," it's a joking way to say that you're not going to lose your job, because if you were, he wouldn't joke about it. If you don't get that, then your sense of humor needs work.

You can interpret it differently if you like, all I'm saying is if you do that it's because you're so predisposed to hate whatever he says you're just interpreting things in the most negative light possible, which isn't a fair way to treat anyone's words.
 

·
Old, Slow, Boring Dude
Joined
·
2,468 Posts
suttree said:
Now if it had spun around a bunch and stopped upside down The Exorcist style THAT would have been funny.
ROFL! Especially if he'd spit up green pea soup...
 
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Top