Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
68,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry, not sure what I did wrong with the link.

·
68,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A panicky church guard ordered a photographer at gunpoint to stay clear of Britney Spears yesterday.

Britney, 25, had just left a Presbyterian service when the paparazzo followed, dodging police halting traffic and driving close to an officer.

It was enough to make the suspicious guard, a retired cop, halt the lensman's car at gunpoint shouting: "Get out of your car! Get down!"

He then hauled the terrified man out of his Lexus 4x4, handcuffed him, and sat him down by the side of the road.

A witness to the bizarre scene in Bel Air, Los Angeles, said: "When Britney left the church in her car police kept photographers back.

"One guy tried to get past and two guards ran into the street.

"One whipped out a gun. He was shouting 'Get out of your car!' The snapper looked so scared. He was saying 'What have I done?'

"The guard said 'You tried to run the traffic officer down'. He said 'No, I didn't'."

The photographer was later released.

The church said: "Our guard doesn't regret what he did. This is a church, not a pop concert."

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
"However, one photographer tried to go around the stopped cars by driving down the other side of the road into oncoming traffic. Before he could get past the traffic officer, church security ran at him, unholstered his gun and yelled, "Police get your hands up!!""

Effin' outrageous!

He is not a cop. He is a retired cop. Since when do retired cops have the power to detain/arrest? He is damn lucky he didn't get drilled himself.

·
68,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It looks like the finger is on the bang switch . . .

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
It looks like the finger is on the bang switch . . .
I was just about to say that.

·
68,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here is a question. Based on that photo, the Lexus could have quite easily turned the wheel to the right and driven around him.

I wonder if he would have shot?

He sure looks ready to do so.

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
I probably would have drove off. Some dude without a badge telling me to get out....laugh. And if he shoots, barring my death, I would retire to a nice sunny island.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Do cops normally pull out thier pistols when you don't follow their traffic instructions? Seems to me there is a big payout due to that fellow. Of course the key to getting rich from lawsuits is to sue people with money. I doubt Dick Tracy has any money

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
Mike from Philly said:
f course the key to getting rich from lawsuits is to sue people with money. I doubt Dick Tracy has any money
I'm sure the church has some deep pockets.

·
68,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Mike from Philly said:
BTW - What the heck is a Presbyterian church doing with armed security? Aren't they the ones that say its wrong to defend yourself against a rapist?
Oh, the irony! Yes, that is why the thread is titled this way instead of Brittany Spears Gunman . . .

AND the Presbyterian church backs him up for the record.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts