Pre 64 Winchester 94 rail mount

Discussion in 'Firearm Related' started by gojojo47, Dec 2, 2016.

1. gojojo47

gojojo47 New Member

I'm looking for a rail or just anyway to put w slanted scope on my Winchester 94. Slant because it's top eject of course. I've seen some online, both just the rail and mounts. Haven't been able to find one in any store locally. Thing is everyone I come across only will line up with post 64 models. The holes for mounting the rail that is. They line up for post 64 models but mine was manufactured in 1909 so it's way before 1964. I don't want to have to drill and tap or anything of the sort and everyone I can find since the holes won't line up I would have to. Anyone know of a place online that would sell something for a pre 64? I don't care if it's a rail or what. I have a scope already so all I need is something to mount it on the rifle with.

2. Wegahe

Wegahe NRA Instructor

3. gojojo47

gojojo47 New Member

Honestly I'm not even sure myself. Since I can't really find anything that fits pre64 models without having to drill into the rifle. I'm looking for anything that would be a direct screw/bolt on without having to make or drill new holes. Just anytbing that can be used to hold a scope. Not picky other than I don't want to make any new holes.

4. Fallschirmjäger

Fallschirmjäger I watch the watchers

Does it need to be a 'standard eye relief' scope, or will an 'extended eye relief' (low power handgun) scope work?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Pearson's 'No Drill' Tactical Scope Rail'
    The only drawback I can see is that it appears to replace the rear sight dovetail which means you'll probably need either an adjustable 1x-Xx scope or a 'red dot' if you want to shoot close up.

Addendum:
    Apparently there is a somewhat primitive BUIS rear sight that is built into the mount.
    I'm guessing a Pre-64 1894 doesn't have any mounting holes at the rear of the receiver?

Last edited: Dec 2, 2016
  5. Wegahe

Wegahe NRA Instructor

Try one of the blank rails from Mounts Plus. There are no holes in the rail so they can be drilled in the location you need them to fit the rifle.

6. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=41913/sku=955010303/Product/-3-D-Side-Mount-Base

If your rifle has some holes drilled on the left side of the receiver for mounting either rear peep sites or some older style of scope base try this side mount scope base .
    It looks like it tips at a 45° angle which means your scope would be slightly offset from the bore but not that that would matter at all real life applications .

7. Wegahe

Wegahe NRA Instructor

The #3D says it is for Winchester model 94 pre 64. Sounds like what he is needing. Looking at the angle and the way it mounts it should place the scope directly in line with the bore.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2016
  8. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

Is this what the left side of the receiver looks like (perhaps minus the saddle ring)?

This pic is from a gun auction site where a well-worn but still functional model 94 is or was sold, and the serial number dates it to 1913 production.

Attached Files:

9. gojojo47

gojojo47 New Member

Yep mine looks just like that!

Minus the ring of course.

[​IMG]

10. gojojo47

gojojo47 New Member

Unfortunately it seems that they have all the others in stock but the "3D" which is what I need. Unless I'm missing something when I clicked on the link. I saw options to purchase all the rest; #1, #2, 3B and 10M. No 3D though. Know of any other site that may sell it or a similar product?