Prayers Needed *updated*

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by Adam5, Oct 1, 2007.

1. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

My brother has been fighting cancer for five years and isn't in good shape today. He was put in the hospital Sat night with low blood pressure and a high fever. His Dr. had him put on a ventilator this morning until they can figure out what's wrong. He believes strongly in the power of prayer and knows that it's the prayers of family and friends that have allowed him to fight this long. When he was first diagnosed, he told told that he had a less than 10% chance of surviving for one year. That was five years ago and he's still fighting.

If you don't mind please keep him in your thoughts and prayers.

Thank you,

Adam

PS. Since it started he has always ended his e-mail updates to family and friends with a stupid joke, so here's one for him.

2. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

:( Good luck with it and best wishes for him!

3. VolGrad

VolGrad Tactical Statistician

You got it. May God bless your family and give you peace, no matter the outcome.

4. Axeman

Axeman New Member

[-o< I did and will continue to do so.

5. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

My thoughts are with you guys. Good luck.

6. Claire

Claire New Member

Prayers on the way.

Good thoughts for you & your family

7. gsusnake

gsusnake Token Liberal Hippie

I'm not much of the praying type but I'll give it a shot.

I sincerely hope he gets better... onco patients are some of the hardest for me to deal with, because we typically see them so much that we develop a bond and a relationship even just as support staff in the hospital.

8. AeroShooter

AeroShooter Active Member

Went through this with my mother... it was not fun. I don't envy you.

(prayer complete)

9. blind_shake

blind_shake Well-Known Member

When prayers go up blessings come down. I will keep your family in my prayers daily. Keep up the good fight.

10. Sharky

Sharky New Member

Our thoughts are always with you and your family Adam!

Let me know if you need anything.

11. ber950

ber950 Active Member

12. merlock

merlock Active Member

I'm praying for the best as well.

13. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers everyone. It means a lot to me and my family. To give an update, we still don’t know what’s wrong with him. The bad news is that the Drs are still don’t know for sure what’s going on. We are waiting on the most recent round of blood cultures to grow, the most recent set of chest x-rays to be examined, and for the Dr to do a bronchoscope (sp?) to why he can’t breathe on his own. The good news is that while low, his blood pressure has stabilized and it doesn’t to be pneumonia (which he has been prone to getting since removing ¾ of his left lung to get to a tumor 3 years ago) or ARDS (acute respiratory distress syndrome, which almost killed him last fall and had him on a ventilator for 3 months, 2 of which he was in a medically induced coma). We are waiting patiently for more test results, but his Dr says that he is stabilized for now. I’ll post more when I find out.

Thanks again,

Adam

14. cdtracing

cdtracing New Member

Prayers will continue.

Chris & Family

15. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I just received anther update from Memphis. My brother is stabile. His breathing difficulties are being caused by an accumulation of blood in his lungs, possibly a side effect of new chemo. He's involved in FDA trials of a new chemo drug that hasn't been tried in adults with his type of cancer yet. His Dr says that the condition is easier to treat than the ARDS that he fought last year. They are going to give him blood, additional platlets and broad spectrum antibiotics. They are going to keep him sedated for a few more days, until they can start trying to take him off the ventilator. They say they he's is still very sick and weak, but stabile. They hope to be able to release him from the hospital in a week or so, if all goes well.

Thanks again,
    Adam

16. luke0927

luke0927 New Member

I'll say a prayer....hope all is well.

17. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

:D Stable condition is great news! Here's hoping that he improves quickly!

18. viper32cm

viper32cm New Member

Hope all is well [-o<

19. ls1ssdavid

ls1ssdavid New Member

I hope all goes well. I'm not also big into prayers. But I'll try.