Prayers for a friend

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by bdee, Jan 10, 2011.

1. bdee

bdee انا باتمان

I have a friend that needs a lot of prayers. He is younger than I am but he is developing a number of health problems. Mostly the prayers he needs are for a slap upside the head.

He is planning on quitting work to be with a girl he's fallen in love with over the internet. Before you ask, she is a great girl, and feels the same about him. He would have quit already, but apparently he can't file his taxes on a long form until February. That's good because he just got home from the doctor with pancreatitis. He's upset because he can't drink alcohol anymore. Last year he had his gall bladder removed, and he is on insulin for type 2 diabetes.( He says that he can eat what he wants, because that's what the insulin is for.) The 20% co-pay on the two cat scans on his pancreas was $2800. But he still plans on quitting and go look for work in Oklahoma where this girl is.

I think if he quits and loses the health insurance, it'll kill him.

Hopefully God can slap some sense into him.

2. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Never quit a job until you have another one lined up that pays the same or better - especially in the current economy.

3. jmathis84

jmathis84 New Member

Maybe He'll come to his senses. This country is way to tight on jobs right now to just quit. I have been looking for about 1and a half months and still nada. Best of luck to him and all the best whatever he does.

4. CountryGun

CountryGun New Member

Then too, they met on the internet? What happens when he gets there and it doesn't work for her, or the chemistry is not there? I saw this happen to a guy in Augusta. He was married with three kids. He gave up everything and went to Kentucky to be with his "soul-mate". Guess what? She wasn't there. She'd left for Florida to be with another dude she met on-line. Served him right! Now he has nothing.

If your friend continues to drink, he'll likely die of his pancreatic disease. Maybe you need to slap him before God gets to him. What's he going to do without health care?

5. mygunstoo

mygunstoo Active Member

Is he so depressed that may be what he wants? Maybe w/o realizing it?

6. CountryGun

CountryGun New Member

Be sure to make him read this thread.

7. bdee

bdee انا باتمان

He is quite heavy, and has low self esteem. So to find a girl that loves him, which he thought was impossible, is something he is unwilling to give up on.

As for his health, when we went to dinner, we always got dessert. Only later did I find out that he had diabetes. He said that was what the insulin was for, he just needed to take more then.

He's been to Oklahoma a few times now, and it sounds like there is some chemistry there, but it's a shame that it may cost him the insurance he desperately needs.

8. jmathis84

jmathis84 New Member

Your friend needs to sit down and really think about what he is doing. If he has a for sure job lined up thenok but if it just one a "wim" I dont think hes making the right move. There are way to many variables for him to just pack -n-go.

9. mygunstoo

mygunstoo Active Member

I was under the impresion that insulin was use to keep you alive, not to eat dessert or to eat more. I have diabetes also, and I rather eat less than take insulin.