Practice How often?

Discussion in 'Firearm Related' started by JMan, Jan 24, 2011.

1. JMan

JMan New Member

So how often do you all practice.....

I try to practice at least once a week

2. AV8R

AV8R Banned

Actual range time has decreased a lot for me. But, I now have a place to shoot outdoors at a friend's house so I'm hoping to get back to twice a month live fire drills. I still practice drawing and dryfire about once a week.

3. jmathis84

jmathis84 New Member

When time and money permits I prefer to run about 100 rounds a weekend . Practice is the best way to know your skill level and your firearms capability. I know at least 2 guys who have and carry a gun and havent fired it in the last year. I want to know its gonna work and i can work it.

4. 4HorseShoes

4HorseShoes New Member

Depending on cash flow for ammunition I like to try and shoot at least once per month about 3 to 4 boxes at a time.

Since getting my GWL Ive gone once a week just to get comfortable shooting from a draw. Trying to really work on grip, form and accuracy.

5. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

Average of once a month for the last few years, doing the "postal matches" here.

6. rainmaker

rainmaker New Member

Fortunately, I live in a remote area, have 5 acres of my own land and can practice outside nearly everyday.

7. 45_Fan

45_Fan Well-Known Member

As often as time and money will permit. :shattered:

The average last year was some time between monthly and quarterly. This year is looking better with a closer range and cheaper ammo options.

I also like going to a few days of classes each year, which means saving change and a box of ammo here and there.

8. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

As often as time and money permit. That usually is at least once a week, sometimes less.

9. 87FieroGT

87FieroGT New Member

I plan on weekly but lately I've been averaging every other week.

10. Fallschirmjäger

Fallschirmjäger I watch the watchers

Drawing and snapping against the TV (fire when bad guy comes on, or commercial starts) almost daily.
    Live fire, not so much in today's economy.
    Clearing hallways and rooms in the house... ONLY when I'm the only one home 8)

I've thought about getting one of those LaserLyte systems and combining that with a DVD .... hmmmmmmm....

11. AV8R

AV8R Banned

I thought I was the only true :ninja: on the forum.

12. jmathis84

jmathis84 New Member

I do it 2 :oops: . I felt like a dork but now I know Im not the only one. :lol:

13. JMan

JMan New Member

AMen!!

I also feel weird doing it but now I know if something happens I know what and how I will be doing it .

14. Fallschirmjäger

Fallschirmjäger I watch the watchers

"Hello, my name is Fallschirmjäger, and I'm a closet mall ninja."
    I wonder if there's a support group?

15. CoffeeMate

CoffeeMate Junior Butt Warmer

Keep doing it until you don't feel like a dork! :righton:

16. ARMT Guy

ARMT Guy Ordinary Average Guy

I try to get to the range one or twice a month.

I also go to one or sometimes two IDPA shoots per month.

Finally, throw in a bowling pin shoot every month or so as well.

17. jreXD9

jreXD9 Active Member

1 or 2 boxes thru my CW45 twice a month......1 box thru my PM9 once a month.

18. elandil

elandil Redneck Engineer

right now i'm averaging once or twice a month. Mainly due to time and range distance.

One of these days i'm gonna have enough land to build my own range. And it's gonna be 30' from my back door. And I dare any Brass Rats to try to come collect anything from it... :)

19. lespaulplayer

lespaulplayer New Member

I'm a member at Autrey's and used to go every other week. Slowed down after dad died and not being able to find work. It gets expensive fast.

20. vooduchikn

vooduchikn New Member

Live fire, every chance I get....wish it was more.