Potential GA resident question.

Discussion in 'GA Laws and Politics' started by notamasshole, Feb 15, 2007.

1. notamasshole

notamasshole New Member

I might take a new job down here but when I looked at GA gun laws I am having second thoughts coming from RI. As odd as it sounds RI appears to have better carry laws. In RI i can carry anywhere not federally prohibited

Here are a few questions I have any thoughts would be appreciated.

Is carrying in an offlimit place a felony?
    Any chance of the law changing to something like RI or even MO?
    Do offlimit places apply to opencarrry?

I read the laws and think I have the answers to the first and third questions but want to confirm that.

As an aside how is it that the most blue state in the union has better carry laws than GA and although packing.org says otherwise RI is Shall issue.

2. luke0927

luke0927 New Member

x1000000 i honestly don't see it getting better with more and more liberal people who think guns are the worst thing in the world and how i see the youth of this state i don't know if any politican will push hard enough to get a law passed in our favor as we seem to be the minority......this reminds me i need to register and donate on georigacarry.....

3. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

:righton:

It can and will get better!

Especially when good people refuse to sit back and do nothing.

In fact, it already has gotten better. 2006 in Review And I expect it will continue.

8)

4. geaux_tigers

geaux_tigers Member

One thing in our favor is that a majority of the populace is not involved in the political process. We don't have to convince the majority of the populace, just a majority of the politicians. I'd also bet that the ratio of GFL holders to likely voters is higher than the ratio of GFL holders to the general population. On top of that don't forget the squeaky wheel wheel effect; think of the ratio of GFL holders to voters who regularly dialogue with their representatives.

5. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

That actually piqued my interest Tigers.

I'd like to see the numbers on GFL holders that vote consistently and for more than just the presidential elections.

I am willing to bet it is pretty high.

6. geaux_tigers

geaux_tigers Member

Then again I have never had much success in placing bets. If the people that I generally associate with were representative of likely voters, I think Mangham, Abdul-Salaam, and Benfield would suddenly find themselves with a great deal of free time. :)

7. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

90% of it is simply showing up an making your voice heard. If your representative and Senator have never heard from you, then they quite rightly assume that this is not a topic of interest to you, so it will not be to them, either.