Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 20 of 158 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Post what you do for a living...

I drive a Caterpillar 775F Haul Truck at Vulcan Materials in Columbus. The truck's engine is a 24Liter 1200hp/ 2500ftlbs V-12 twin turbo diesel and carries a 70 ton payload. The tires are around7ft tall and two feet wide.

The truck is loaded via a Cat 992G Wheeled Dozer Loader. It's engine is 36Liters and the tires are well over 9ft tall. A new set of tires cost up to $80,000!

The pics aren't great...

·
Custom User Title
1,663 Posts
I graduated as an electrical engineer, but spend the majority of my time doing embedded programming. Pics would be boring...

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have a gunsmithing and firearms retail business that I operate from a shop in my basement. I also raise cattle and I am a certified Artificial Inseminator and check for pregnancies in cattle manually.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Jib operator for _____ you name it. I freelance so I get calls for a lot of different stuff. Also run around as a 2nd Camera Assist, or Operator.

A Few things this year I've worked on the Real Housewives of ATL (don't hold it against me) Full Throttle Saloon :drink: , & that Atlanta Falcons "Rise Up" Commercial with Samuel Jackson..

Here's all my Pics from Sturgis. http://www.flickr.com/photos/cagleicious/sets/72157625417080947/ I'm just gonna say some might be and probably are NSFW..

·
Registered
670 Posts
Aberk said:
I graduated as an electrical engineer, but spend the majority of my time doing embedded programming. Pics would be boring...
Pretty much the same here. EE doing embedded programming, system design and some hardware design.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
JeffSmith2208 said:
Post what you do for a living...

I drive a Caterpillar 775F Haul Truck at Vulcan Materials in Columbus. The truck's engine is a 24Liter 1200hp/ 2500ftlbs V-12 twin turbo diesel and carries a 70 ton payload. The tires are around7ft tall and two feet wide.
I fix what you break. :D

Mostly John Deere but I will work on Cat, Komatsu, Volvo, ect...ect...ect...

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Biologist with the CDC working on a project to help develop a low cost meningitis vaccine for use in Africa.

·
Registered
338 Posts
martin_j001 said:
Biologist with the CDC working on a project to help develop a low cost meningitis vaccine for use in Africa.
So when Zombies attack do I need to come find you for rescue, but you will secretly lock me in the CDC building only to die by Extreme Incineration?

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
budder said:
I post snarky comments on message boards.
That's not a JOB though.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Cagleicious said:
martin_j001 said:
So when Zombies attack do I need to come find you for rescue, but you will secretly lock me in the CDC building only to die by Extreme Incineration?
Which will never happen , but cute joke.

·
Registered
88 Posts
cpelliott said:
Aberk said:
Pretty much the same here. EE doing embedded programming, system design and some hardware design.
I was on that track (EE major) until I realized that every EE I knew was doing programming so I switched to CompSci. Now I'm writing software for Mac/iPhone.

1 - 20 of 158 Posts