Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1241 - 1260 of 1267 Posts

·
Registered
11,609 Posts
A more recent picture of me. I shaved my beard to show the weight loss to my mom. I don’t see her much as I am always working but I call her often.

Clothing Hat Beard Fedora Jaw

·
Man of Myth and Legend
19,431 Posts
A more recent picture of me. I shaved my beard to show the weight loss to my mom. I don’t see her much as I am always working but I call her often.
Save the razor. Face like that Lysol would probably handle it.

Nemo

·
Man of Myth and Legend
19,431 Posts
You have confirmed the OW part here. The M part in other pics.

Nemo

• Haha
Reactions: OWM

·
Registered
11,609 Posts

·
Registered
6,155 Posts
Was it in the vicinity of any known ancient tribes?
Yes. That was in my back yard along the creek. Stuff can be found along most any stream in southeast Georgia and most of the southeast USA as well. Considering the depth the bowl was at it was probably 1000 to 800 years old. Not a particularly old piece for this area. Interesting none the less.

·
Registered
6,155 Posts
What made you decide to start digging there
Been digging in the back yard for 40 years. It's why I bought the land to begin with. The evidence of settlement was there. Pottery shards, flint chips, and other rock tools that most would recognize as just a rock. Dug test holes here and there to find the concentration. Soon to close on another 143 acres up on Brier Creek where the stuff in the ground goes back 8000 plus years. It's my hobby and I have fun with it. In a way just as you guys do with reloading.

·
Ninjaneering Computers
2,786 Posts
OWM look at the Georgia Gold Belt maps and see if your land is in the vicinity. Any white quartz rock you find should be smashed to powder and panned.
I live right up the road from OWM, and I've been over 20' deep with an excavator - there ain't no rocks in this neighborhood.

1241 - 1260 of 1267 Posts