Positive semi-encounter Walton County

Discussion in 'LEO Encounters' started by SleepyDragonfly, May 11, 2016.

1. SleepyDragonfly

SleepyDragonfly Member

Today is the first day that I open carried with my rig. I wore my K32 Masterpiece on my gun belt supported by my self modified SOG sheath reverse Sam Browne that houses my swedish mauser 1896 bayonet and prominently displays my GWCL. I posted a photo earlier in the welcome thread, "waving a paw from Loganville", only with my celtic dagger in the sheath instead. I wear that dagger with my kilt.

Anyway, back to the point. My wife called me to meet her at the gas station behind our neighborhood to pay inside the store because she couldn't leave our 3 year old in the car. So, I stood in the store for a while letting people pass while my wife pumped gas. The attendant knows me, so I am sure one of the 5 customers that passed me called 911. I guess they thought I was casing or something. If my arms are crossed, it blocks the license. Anyway, as I went outside, I noticed someone was building out the suite next door. I asked a worker (who turned out to be the owner of the new sandwich shop going in) what was up. We got to talking about my guns history, yadda yadda, and I thanked him for his time and started crossing the parking lot to my car. Walton county sherriff pulled in the parking lot with two officers in the car and began to slow down. I casually raised my arm and waved at them. This exposed my license. The driver waved back and accelerated out the back entrance to the gas station. They turned into my neighborhood, took the first left which comes back out the other side of the gas station. It was at that moment that I realized that I had likely just experienced my first encounter. (Sort of)

2. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

I know you know there is no obligation to be displaying your license in that fashion. As you see from this experience, it will not stop anyone from needlessly calling 911 on you.

The display of your license in that manner almost begs the permission question. Let your visible weapons without a visible license be your statement of freedom. You can do it because it's your human right of self-defense.

No free man is obligated to either be or appear to be defenseless.

3. SleepyDragonfly

SleepyDragonfly Member

I display it for my own comfort. I am a very empathetic person. When someone is uncomfortable because of something I am doing, it makes me feel guilty even though I am in my right and have done no wrong. By displaying my license, I remove any chance for that guilt because I have taken an extra unneccessary step to put them at peace. The only person that would be uncomfortable now would obviously be an anti gun person that would want to take away my 2A rights and I have no sympathy for them. The funny thing is that I know that pro 2A individuals don't really care if I am licensed or not as long as I conduct myself responsibly, but mental vs psychological are two very different things. Displaying my license is a choice I make that frees me. It also opens up conversations that are beneficial to my success as an artisan. I am a traditional graphic artist and I also make custom items, working with almost any material. I made the leather covering that holds the license and have had conversations regarding it.

4. johnski

johnski Well-Known Member

Replace "prominently displaying my gwcl license with "prominently displaying my free speech license" and you'll understand why I don't like this. You're just going to convince cops that people have to display their license. What happens to the next person they get called on who is not displaying their license? You are passing the buck. Please tell me you don't carry one of those fake carry badges that look like a deputies badge....

5. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

And where its shown on the other thread it sure seem like your address is visible. Seems like an invite for a burglary or home invasion for the purpose of stealing firearms at least. I urge you to reconsider the open display of your permission slip like that.

Nemo

6. SleepyDragonfly

SleepyDragonfly Member

Now you are insulting my intelligence with the badge thing.

7. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

You should probably just go ahead and get the car to remove all questions from anybody's mind as soon as you pull up.

[​IMG]

8. SleepyDragonfly

SleepyDragonfly Member

Maybe I will install an insert with a tab so that I can simply remove it if the need arises. I will give it consideration.

9. SleepyDragonfly

SleepyDragonfly Member

Seriously? .... you went there...

10. Nemo

Many (particularly him and me) here do that routinely. Its generally referred to as a needle.

Its probably bdee who get and deserves the most but the majority of his are not needles. They are just accuracies he ignores.

But back to the subject at keyboard. That paint job is funny. You should grin. Then moon him or something. I have an elf moon you can borrow if you like.

Nemo 8)

11. SleepyDragonfly

SleepyDragonfly Member

I think I'll just run over his clown car with my truck... (yes, I know it's not really his)

12. Nemo

No that would be bad. He might shoot you and running over a clown car would indicate you need treatment for coulrophobia*. But that might be a protected class and give you special dispensation on things. We need more special classes and people afraid of clown fits the bill.

Nemo

* http://www.coulrophobiafacts.com/

13. MouserGun

MouserGun New Member

At least as a Clown, you are safe from cannibals. Cannibals won't eat clowns as they taste funny.

14. AtlPhilip

AtlPhilip Proud GCO member.

To be honest, I see very little difference between that and what you're doing. Do you wear your drivers license pinned to your shirt?

[​IMG]

15. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

:rotfl2: OK, maybe it wasn't that funny.....................

16. Nemo

Yeah, it was. And not just cannibals-- Gotta figure zombies too!

Nemo

17. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

But zombies don't normally eat clowns - or any other humans - for sustenance. :yum:

Anyway...A zombie walks into a tiki bar. "Hey," says the bartender, "did you know we have a drink named after you?" The zombie looks surprised. "You have a drink called Marvin?" he asks.

Yeah, I know. :shakehead:

18. phaed

phaed Active Member

do you have any relatives named gecko45?

19. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

Probably