Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Super Moderator
75,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
tj2000 said:
True!! But as an engineer I bet the engine is in the trunk area of the car. The reason I say this is the axle and drive train would have to with stand a great amount of torque, If the engine where in the trunk area he would have a direct drive to the engine and could quite easily flip the car if he wasn't careful.
:2cents:
Tj2000, there are lots and lots of cars that can do that with their engines in the front, where they belong, you just don't ususally see it on a public street (for lack of traction).

Pay your entry fee at any public dragstrip and you are likely to see several cars that can do it. Yes, their rearend and axles are aftermarket pieces.

· Super Moderator
75,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Adam5 said:
As a former street racer, I'll agree with Viper on the shocks. Having true drag shocks helps. The are designed so that the front shocks extend easily and quickly, but are hard to compress. The rears do the opposite, the compress very easily, but are hard to extend.
I don't know how long it has been since you have been into this, but that is not the current thinking on the rear shock technology for the best launch.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.