Popped Cherry - OC Carry Earlier Today

Discussion in 'Holsters / Method of Carry' started by Phil1979, Sep 19, 2010.

1. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

Being a hot day today, I wanted to go with just a thin gray t-shirt tucked in. I oc'd today for the first time getting a list of things my bride gave me. Shopped at a super Walmart. When I got home I informed her, and she laughed thinking I'm such a nerd. Oh well. :)

I didn't notice any double-takes, and heard no one whisper "He's got a gun!", and no one pointed - at least not any that I observed. I carried my full-sized CZ75B SA in condition 1, being as it is single-action only, and in a Desantis Cozy Partner IWB leather holster. I would have used my OWB Serpa, as I had successfully modified it to fit my CZ, but used the wrong glue, and my plastic inserts fell out of it.

It was a boring event as it should be, and I felt no shame in exercising my 2 Amendment rights in this manner. It was a milestone for me, as I'm a shy person by nature and never do anything for the purpose of bringing attention to myself. I just felt like, if it's legal, and it was a hot day - to just carry comfortably and not feel that I had to hide anything.

2. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

Sweet good on you. It will probably continue to be a non-event! :righton:

3. Phil1979

4. patrick4588

patrick4588 New Member

Next time scream AIFTG at everyone who looks at you.

5. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

No way man... square up to every one of them, start whistling the tune from the good the bad and the ugly, and twirl your fingers right above your firearm like you're ready to draw. Now that is how you do it. :mrgreen:

6. Phil1979

That might be cool, 'cept I'd eventually get tired of always explaining to them what each letter stood for. :lol:

7. elandil

elandil Redneck Engineer

I always OC when I go to the local Walmart.

All the people there, employees included, used to be so rude and annoying, but lately they have been nice as pie whenever i'm in there... :lol:

All joking aside, there are 3 walmarts in this state I will not enter unarmed. Calhoun, Conyers, and the one in Macon off Eisenhower.

Of course, I wouldn't go anywhere in Macon unarmed anymore, but thats just me.

8. JDcollins78

JDcollins78 New Member

Amen to that.

9. hillba

hillba New Member

:righton: I wish I had the nerves to oc in wal-mart.Heck I wish I had the nerves to oc anywhere other than in front of my full length mirror.

10. livesounder

livesounder New Member

I understand you're nervous.

The reality is that it just isn't a big deal. Once you start to OC, you'll quickly realize that the vast majority of people don't even notice. Of the minority that do, the vast majority of those don't care. Of the minority of those that do care enough to say something, the vast majority of those will either be simply curious or supportive.

In other words, it is a very minuscule proportion of the population that will in any way make your life difficult if you OC and you'd probably have to go out of your way to find them or otherwise behave badly yourself before any sort of problem would occur.

There's no logical reason to be nervous.

11. Kingfish

Kingfish New Member

Lots of people around that will make the trip with you.

12. Arkimedes

Arkimedes New Member

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!