Poor Poor Liberals

Discussion in 'In the News' started by YZ#58, Jan 21, 2011.

1. YZ#58

YZ#58 Member

2. Verbal101

Verbal101 Active Member

Interesting how the writer suggests it is only a numbers game, i.e. there's not enough support, otherwise gun rights would quickly be curtailed. Very little mention of the constitutionality, except for the lip service to Heller at the very end...

3. Taurus92

Taurus92 Well-Known Member

And they let this slip in too.

4. YZ#58

YZ#58 Member

This is kind of like an admission that gee, guns might not be so bad after all.

5. JeF4y

JeF4y New Member

May just be me, but I think there are a lot more "middle of the road" liberals and conservatives than either side might want to admit..

6. Rugerer

Rugerer GeePeeDoHolic

I see it more as 'Darn it, these pro-gun forces keep using this purely unrelated coincidence that crime dropped to prove that guns save lives."

Their form of denial, like this one. (Old opinion piece from the National Park bill).

Those stupid,stupid legislators, can't they just wake up and see what the Amendment really meant?!? What's wrong with them?

7. pml

pml Active Member

Stats can be misleading, I know that. And I'll add stats can be really misleading when you are arguing with them.

Since the shooting, I noticed to make a point about gun control people either point to Vermont, or to the District of Columbia. Both have populations of about 600,000 which is statistically insignificant. Dekalb county alone has way more people than either.

I'm don't believe either side right now. I can't say that either argument influences what I believe in.

8. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

Those poor liberals... I almost feel.... ohh wait, no I don't I don't feel bad for those POS's one bit. Marxist, leftist Fascist, Maoist, Stalinist have killed more innocent people in the past century than have all private citizens combined. They are very dangerous, and disarming the public is the first way to go at controlling a people and taking away other rights.

I mean do you believe that we as a People are capable of governing ourselves? If the answer is no, then I have no pity for anything that happens to you.