Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

Who is your preferred holster manufacturer?

• Comp-Tac (for Rammstein, official Comp-Tac missionary ;-) )

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Uncle Mike's

• Galco

• Southern Holsters

• Fobus

• DeSantis

• Bianchi

• Blackhawk

• Tucker Gunleather

• Other (please enter in comments)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
My favorite holster is made by Elmer McEvoy, a former early employee of Milt Sparks. This may or may not be true but I remember reading it on another board somewhere.

www.leatherarsenal.com

I have the IWB surprise special which is very similar to Milt Sparks famous Surprise Special. Milt got this design from a Detective he knew.

http://www.leatherarsenal.com/SurpriseSpecial.htm

I really wanted a high-dollar custom holster for my P228. I got mine new off of ebay for almost nothing, with the retail being close to $70.

I was also happy to see that Massad Ayoob gave his thumbs up to holsters made by Mr. McEvoy.

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,861 Posts
I can't really say that I have a favorite.

Looking at OWB holsters, I like the Don Hume belt slide that I use for my PPK/S better than the Ross Leather paddle that I use for my Glock 17. The belt slide fits tighter against my side, making it conceal easier and less likely to bump against things. With warmer weather and likely more open carry comming, the Ross Leather paddle is likely to get replaced by A Don Hume belt slide or a Southern Holsters Savannah with thumb break.

As far as IWB holsters go, my PPK/S in a Southern Holsters Memphis is far more comfortable than my Glock 17 in a CompTac Shirt Tucker. It's hard to say how much of that is the feel of the leather compared to the Kydex against my hip, compared to how much smaller the PPK/S is compared to the Glock.

What's my favorite? For now I'll have to say that my favorite combination is my PPK/S in a Southern Holster Memphis.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Unfortunately there isnt one that makes all types, so it really just depends, but I do like Comp Tac and Tucker Leather holsters seem very nice for cross-breeds. Thinking of picking one up.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I am hoping my Milt Sparks VM2 that I just ordered is going to be my favorite. :D I will let you know in 18 to 24 weeks.

·
Registered
216 Posts
bbruce said:
I am hoping my Milt Sparks VM2 that I just ordered is going to be my favorite. :D I will let you know in 18 to 24 weeks.
Me too, luckily I am on week 17 now, so hopefully any day now.

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
With the amount of people I have got to buy a Comp-Tac holster I should get a free one.

·
Romans 10:13
4,637 Posts
I have a Milt Sparks VMII on order. I have about 6-8 weeks to go. I am also looking very seriously at Southern Holsters.

·
68,872 Posts
Rammstein said:
With the amount of people I have got to buy a Comp-Tac holster I should get a free one.
I don't carry a plastic holster. :shakehead:

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
GeorgiaGlocker said:
...Southern Holsters.
I'd order a OWB holster, but I just want to see what one looks like with a thumb break first.

·
Romans 10:13
4,637 Posts
Rammstein said:
GeorgiaGlocker said:
...Southern Holsters.
I'd order a OWB holster, but I just want to see what one looks like with a thumb break first.
Ramm, I believe he has a 7 day no questions asked return policy if you are not satisfied. I would have to double check that though.

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,861 Posts
GeorgiaGlocker said:
Rammstein said:
GeorgiaGlocker said:
...Southern Holsters.
Ramm, I believe he has a 7 day no questions asked return policy if you are not satisfied. I would have to double check that though.
Southern Holsters' Website said:
SATISFACTION GUARANTEE

A seven (7) day satisfaction guarantee is provided on the holster. Wear the holster for 7 days and if you are not satisfied with the holster for whatever reason and want to return it, contact me within 7 calendar days of receiving it so it can be returned for a 100% refund including the original shipping charges. Item must be in "like new" condition upon return. Sorry, but return shipping is at the expense of the customer.

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
mzmtg said:
Malum Prohibitum said:
Rammstein said:
I don't carry a plastic holster. :shakehead:
You carry a plastic gun...
I didn't have the heart to tell him.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Got my VM-2

Got my Milt Sparks VM-2 today. Order date was Jan. 8 and recived today. Well worth the wait.

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
cmcinc said:
Got my Milt Sparks VM-2 today. Order date was Jan. 8 and recived today.
Pics man! we need pics!

:D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts