Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

What format do you want the GCO newsletter delivered in?

• Plain Text

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Adobe PDF

• Microsoft Word

• Microsoft Publisher

• HTML

• Rich Text

• Snail mail

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Token Liberal Hippie
13,680 Posts
I think we need an electronic version and a print version.

I signed up three folks this weekend who do not have email addresses as they "don't do that computer stuff."

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
This is what I've been thinking about. Originally, I had it written up in MS Publisher and it looked pretty neat if I do say so myself. But then I realized that not everyone is computer literate and plain text is the way to go so that we can maximize the exposure of the newsletter.

·
Registered
8,809 Posts
gsusnake said:

I signed up three folks this weekend who do not have email addresses as they "don't do that computer stuff."
Electronic/print could be an option on the membership application. Obviously the print would cost more (paper, ink, postage, envelopes, time, etc.).

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
I vote snail mail.

I use the web, but I know more than a few folks who live in the boonies and either do not have the 'net, or are stuck with dial-up. We need something for them.

At a bare minimum, give folks the option to get a snail-mail newsletter.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
gsusnake said:

+1 ran into the same thing at the Macon show.
I think we we actually need to do is have something on the GCO application that you can check off - I want snail mail or email. We Don't need to send hard copies to most people but there will always be a few... The rest of us will be just fine with a plain text email I expect. But we will be shooting ourselves in the foot if we don't make sure to send a hardcopy to some of these old timers who aren't signed on with the whole computer thing. Some of these guys & gals are the ones who have been poking and and talking to their local government rep types for many years, face to face.

·
Super Moderator
69,784 Posts
gsusnake said:
As we grow, we will need to address this situation. It is becoming more common.

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Also wouldn't hurt to see if we can get Gun Stores and Ranges to put some out on the counters.
Somewhere in the back you can have a section that says "For more information or to become a GCO member please go to www.GeorgiaCarry.org or Call 678-GA-Carry"

1 - 15 of 15 Posts