Poll: Newsletter type

Discussion in 'GENERAL EVENTS' started by merlock, Aug 12, 2007.

1. Plain Text

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Adobe PDF

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Microsoft Word

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Microsoft Publisher

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. HTML

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Rich Text

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Snail mail

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. merlock

merlock New Member

GCOMembers:

How do you want to read the GCOnewsletter?

2. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Is it going to be emailed and published to the GCO site or what? I prefer plain text for both unless images are involved. Then, PDF is the way to go (with HTML for the site, of course).

3. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

Plain text for the email. Normal styles for the website.

4. Claire

Claire New Member

i voted for plain text but I'm indifferent

5. gsusnake

gsusnake Token Liberal Hippie

I think we need an electronic version and a print version.

I signed up three folks this weekend who do not have email addresses as they "don't do that computer stuff."

6. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

This is what I've been thinking about. Originally, I had it written up in MS Publisher and it looked pretty neat if I do say so myself. But then I realized that not everyone is computer literate and plain text is the way to go so that we can maximize the exposure of the newsletter.

7. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Electronic/print could be an option on the membership application. Obviously the print would cost more (paper, ink, postage, envelopes, time, etc.).

8. M249

M249 New Member

I vote snail mail.

I use the web, but I know more than a few folks who live in the boonies and either do not have the 'net, or are stuck with dial-up. We need something for them.

At a bare minimum, give folks the option to get a snail-mail newsletter.

9. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Active Member

+1 ran into the same thing at the Macon show.
    I think we we actually need to do is have something on the GCO application that you can check off - I want snail mail or email. We Don't need to send hard copies to most people but there will always be a few... The rest of us will be just fine with a plain text email I expect. But we will be shooting ourselves in the foot if we don't make sure to send a hardcopy to some of these old timers who aren't signed on with the whole computer thing. Some of these guys & gals are the ones who have been poking and and talking to their local government rep types for many years, face to face.

10. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

As we grow, we will need to address this situation. It is becoming more common.

11. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

It wouldn't hurt to have some printed copies on the table at gun shows.

12. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

+1

13. Ashe

Ashe New Member

Also wouldn't hurt to see if we can get Gun Stores and Ranges to put some out on the counters.
    Somewhere in the back you can have a section that says "For more information or to become a GCO member please go to www.GeorgiaCarry.org or Call 678-GA-Carry"