Politician ratings on this site

Discussion in 'Website & Forum Suggestions' started by Malum Prohibitum, Jan 31, 2007.

1. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

I hate to overly complicate the process, but it occurs to me that committee activity should be taken into account in the ratings. The vote in committee certainly matters, as do the antigun amendments that get offered. We saw one such amendment fail Monday by a margin of only one vote.

That was the amendment to allow government to seize weapons when "transporting" people.

Yeah, like in Katrina, when they picked people up to dump them off at the Superdome. Think you will get it back when you arrive at the shelter?

Such amendment attempts and committee votes should count, with the offering of antigun amendments counting more than a committee vote.

Really, the person who tried to exempt legislators from public gathering laws last year should get some kind of black mark on his/her record, don't you think?

2. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

I agree with wanting to keep track of it and put it in the report... I just am not sure how to do it.

hmmm... I guess I can call the committee and ask what the vote record was for the bill and amendments (are meeting minutes online?) ... plus put sponsorship for the amendment and the person who seconded the amendment.

Sponsorship currently counts more than just a vote. Be it pro or anti.

3. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

It was easier than I thought it would be to edit the report card... since I didn't have to at all.

I will have to call and get the votes before I can put them in.

Since I already know Rep Benfield on HB 6 sponsored both amendments and voted for them, and against the passage of the bill itself, I have used her as a test rep until I get the vote records.

Here is what it looks like:
    https://www.georgiapacking.org/rcontact.php?id=85

4. Malum Prohibitum

It occurs to me that there should also be a link to their Bio and Fact Sheet on the Georgia General Assembly page.

You already have a link to the email.
    :wink:

5. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

I have a place for it, I have been waiting for all of the bios to be finished. Though I suppose I could go ahead and begin...

Check out the report card for rep Benfield now.

6. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

I decided to just link to the fact sheet since it has a link to the bio on it.

That and 180 links are enough... 360 for both the bio and fact sheet is more than I want to deal with.

7. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

I also just noticed that most all the state given email addresses have changed this year. :x

8. Malum Prohibitum

I think she got insulted by the D from last year and is working hard on getting an F that she can display with pride this year.

9. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

Well she is doing a real good job so far.

10. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

Bump in the road. Just got an email back from the lady that does the vote counting in Judy non-civil and she says that she takes the amendment sponsor and second but DOES NOT take down the vote names.

So the only thing I can do is keep up with who sponsored what amendment to the bill, but not who actually voted for that amendment or the bill itself while in committee. :(

11. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

Yesterday I finished updating just about everything I could in the report cards. All contact pages have had links to the their state page if they exist on the state's site.

The only thing I know I have not done is find out who else has sponsored SB43 other than the 6 the website shows.