Police: Teen Girl Fights Off Kidnapper

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Sharky, Nov 1, 2006.

1. Sharky

Sharky New Member

Police: Teen Girl Fights Off Kidnapper

POSTED: 6:18 pm EST October 31, 2006
    UPDATED: 6:50 pm EST October 31, 2006

ATLANTA -- A teen goes out for a jog and then has to run for her life. Now police are looking for the man who tried to snatch her.

The attempted kidnapping happened at Kingsley Drive and Castle Lane in Marietta. A 16-year-old girl says she fought back when a man tried to grab her.

Cobb Police are looking for a 20 to 35-year-old white male, 250 pounds, 6 feet tall with short, reddish-brown hair. They say he also had a pierced lower lip. Police believe he and possibly one other suspect tried to kidnap a teenaged girl.

“I’ve been a little reluctant to come out and walk because of the situation,†said Roz Cohen.

An avid walker, Cohen has lived in the New Castle subdivision for 30 years. But now she says each step she takes in accompanied by fear after a 16-year-old neighbor was almost kidnapped.

“I was just shocked. I’ve never heard of anything like that happening here. I’ve grown up here my whole life,†said another neighbor, Adrienne Coman.

Cobb County Police say the man tried to grab the girl, who was wearing headphones, and force her into his car. But the victim was able to fight him off and run to a neighbor’s house for help.

She apparently hurt the unique-looking suspect. The victim says she definitely noticed the lip piercing and his reddish-brown hair.

Neighbors say this isn’t the first time something like this has happened. They say right around the time the school year began another teenaged girl was approached by a man in the next subdivision.

“I usually wear a radio or Ipod but I’m not doing that now because I’m afraid of not being aware of everything,†said Cohen.

“We’re all on guard and in fact, a bunch of us are talking about taking our daughters to a self-defense class,†said neighbor Susan Welborn.

You are asked to call Cobb County Police if you have any information.

2. Sharky

Sharky New Member

Wouldnt it be nice if they took them to a basic pistol handling course:)

3. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Sure, but it would not do them much good outside of their parent's home or land. They are 16 years old.

With 250 pounds, reddish brown hair, and a lip piercing, somebody ought to know who this guy is.

4. Molon Labe

Molon Labe New Member

This happened about a mile from my house :shock: A least we have a description.

5. Mafuta54

Mafuta54 Active Member

Teen

Which paper was this posted in? I live in Cobb county (P.S.) and would like to know where this actually is.

6. curtdiss

curtdiss Member

:shock: This happened about 1/4 mile from my house :shock:

About a week before this happened a scruffy looking guy was standing in my driveway/sidewalk to the front door. I grabbed my G27 put it in my waistband (yes it was holstered) and opened the door and asked the guy what he wanted...he was trying to clean gutters...I sent him away.
    I shut the door and my wife is giving me grief for taking my gun to the front door with me. Saying "nothing could happen in this neighborhood"
    :roll:

After the above incident I don't think she will give me so much grief