Police raid wrong home

Discussion in 'In the News' started by jgullock, Jun 8, 2007.

1. jgullock

jgullock Active Member

This happened in Maryland I believe, but still interesting. I'd be lawyering up...

http://www.capitalonline.com/cgi-bin/re ... _07-70/TOP

2. Sharky

Sharky Active Member

Now this sort of thing happens here to one of us. We protect ourselves, shoot a police officer, go to jail on manslaughter.......

Right?

I hate these kinds of things and pray it never happens to me.

3. Axeman

Axeman New Member

+1 I have wondered everytime I read one or these stories, if i would still be alive to face charges. You fire at them they keep firing back, UGLY.

That officer who said he didn't care about the woman being pregnant should be brought up on assult charges, 2 counts. :x

4. luke0927

luke0927 New Member

Yep if your lucky more than likely we would be taking the eternal dirt nap.....they come blasting through.... you get off a few rounds then 4-5 officers open full fire....might take a few with you but i doubt you will come out nicely....... and if you were lucky to survive I'm sure you would be prosecute under some crazy loophole that you defended your home but they were police officers and they identified themselves even if they didn't your word against theirs.

Anothe reason im glad i don't live in an APT or subdivision.....

5. GeorgiaGlocker

GeorgiaGlocker Romans 10:13

I would sue until the Police Chief's mama cried.

6. Macktee

Macktee New Member

If you're lucky, you might (might I say) get an apology. If they were doing their job and simply made an honest mistake, no harm - no foul and no cause for action.

So let's recap.

Cops make a mistake and bust into your house breaking down the door, shooting your dog, terrorizing your family, putting everyone in handcuffs, tearing the place apart and leaving.

You can sue and get nothing. I don't know of anyone who has won one of these.

You can get off a couple of quick shots and end up dead.

Not much of a choice...

But, look at the big picture. If we are to ensure the War on Drugs is vigorously prosecuted, some mistakes will be made. But we must get drugs off the streets. It's for the children.

So, suck it up and quit whining...!

Or, we could do the logical and unthinkable thing by legalizing the damn drugs and putting an end to this crap!

7. AV8R

AV8R Banned

Any wonder why so many people hate the police these days? I'm not anti-LEO, but if this happened to me and my family I would certainly be plotting something in revenge.

8. luke0927

luke0927 New Member

whahahahahah your joking right whhahahahah!

9. GeorgiaGlocker

Is there any case law concerning this?

10. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Yes. It is covered in Bohica v. State.

11. GeorgiaGlocker

Well, after reading Ramm's case law of Bohica v State, I stand corrected. I withdraw my previous post that I would sue the Police Chief!