Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
61 - 80 of 94 Posts

· Registered
9,362 Posts
I'll take a stab at it. People in general grant government authority over them and become subject to its laws, imperfect as government may be, in order to help keep chaos at bay and have an ordered and civilized society with common rules. Government then authorizes its police to enforce those laws.

Not everyone is happy with that arrangement, but it is what it is. Government of some type will always exist as long as people exist on this earth.
how can you give someone an authority you do not have yourself? you didn't answer the question.

· Proud GA2A/GCO Life Member
8,506 Posts
how can you give someone an authority you do not have yourself? you didn't answer the question.
I'm going to be frank with you, Drew, and ERJ. A lot of people, myself included, have become very weary of every single thread devolving into a long lecture on why government has no authority and anarchy is the one true God.

We get it, you're a believer. Now can we please talk about something else?

· Registered
1,883 Posts
I'm going to be frank with you, Drew, and ERJ. A lot of people, myself included, have become very weary of every single thread devolving into a long lecture on why government has no authority and anarchy is the one true God.

As long as that something else doesn't involve law, government, or politics. So you're saying any political perspective other than anarchy is acceptable?

8,506 Posts
So you're saying any political perspective other than anarchy is acceptable?
I'm saying everyone is sick of the proselytizing.

· Super Moderator
75,867 Posts
As long as that something else doesn't involve law, government, or politics. So you're saying any political perspective other than anarchy is acceptable?
What he is saying is that a thread about an officer and a knife wielding man has nothing to do with anarchy or the constant preaching on it.

8,506 Posts

· Registered
9,362 Posts
I'm saying everyone is sick of the proselytizing.
people do not like to be shown that they are wrong. i get it. people don't like to lose arguments. i get that. and NONE of you especially wants to hear that you are responsible in any way for all this crap. tough ****. you are.

and, when everyone's goal is freedom (and i think that assumption is true, at least regarding firearms here), it's self-defeating to maintain that a slave master is necessary. i won't stop pointing that out, mainly because your beliefs affect ME, when the reverse is not true. i couldn't care less if you're sick of it or not. cognitive dissonance is uncomfortable for a reason.

· Registered
9,362 Posts
What he is saying is that a thread about an officer and a knife wielding man has nothing to do with anarchy or the constant preaching on it.
i've shown you how it is relevant. you can pretend that it isn't if you want, but that won't change the truth of it. as per my sig, constantly trying to fix symptoms doesn't work. only fixing the root cause will work.

· I watch the watchers
12,888 Posts

8,506 Posts
people do not like to be shown that they are wrong. i get it. people don't like to lose arguments. i get that. and NONE of you especially wants to hear that you are responsible in any way for all this crap. tough ****. you are.

and, when everyone's goal is freedom (and i think that assumption is true, at least regarding firearms here), it's self-defeating to maintain that a slave master is necessary. i won't stop pointing that out, mainly because your beliefs affect ME, when the reverse is not true. i couldn't care less if you're sick of it or not. cognitive dissonance is uncomfortable for a reason.
So you're intentionally taking threads off topic and generally being disruptive, and you don't care who you annoy. Thanks for clarifying.

Mods, please show this man the door.

· Registered
9,362 Posts
So you're intentionally taking threads off topic and generally being disruptive, and you don't care who you annoy. Thanks for clarifying.

as i've shown and maintained, what i say is logically relevant. you only pretend it is not. you are like a man that continually hits himself and others with a hammer, then cries that it hurts. i don't appreciate you hitting me with your hammer. i'm going to continue to speak up about it.

and as for your being weary of what i say, let me present you with what is really annoying: statists incessantly whining about the government they create, support, and maintain is necessary. that's the majority of what happens here...not the lone voice of some voluntaryist that would like to be free from it.

· Read Only
45,177 Posts

You don't think we don't get tired of the dozens of statist on this forum preaching to us about their one true Religion and God, Government?

You worship government. Then you whine about it.

8,506 Posts
You worship government.
You have obviously been reading someone else's posts.

not the lone voice of some voluntaryist that would has no idea when they have long since passed "rude" and is beginning to make people think a Jehovah's witnesses at the front door sounds like a refreshing change of pace
FTFY

· Registered
9,362 Posts
You have obviously been reading someone else's posts.

FTFY
he tells himself that because he supports less government than others, that he's not responsible.

back on topic...you support the existence of police and their enforcement of law, regardless of how much law. how do you resolve the issue that, had the cop not thought himself authorized to forcefully harass this individual in the first place, that the man would not have been killed?

· Registered
9,362 Posts
That is not even remotely the topic.
know that different people have different perspectives. that mine doesn't match yours, doesn't mean we aren't viewing the same problem.

since you're incapable of using reason to argue against my logic, you employ the cops to remove me. your behavior is very much that of a statist, even on this little forum. thanks for proving my point more succinctly than i ever could.

further, know that no one even needs to ban me. if whoever owns this joint doesn't think i bring something to the table, or that i'm some kind of unfavorable element, or that i'm unwelcome for any reason whatsoever, all they need to do is tell me and i'd bow out like a gentleman.

8,506 Posts
since you're incapable of using reason to argue against my logic,
If that makes you feel better about yourself, feel free to believe it.

· Member Georgia Carry
13,127 Posts
Of course I have that authority - it is simply free-will. People can freely choose to form a government.

61 - 80 of 94 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.