Georgiapacking.org banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Authorities said Corley, out of ammo for his AK-47 but still holding a shotgun, gave up when Rome police arrived. Neighbors said Corley is a military veteran who had been tormented for years by "something."
BAN VETERANS!
:roll:

I'd grab my Mauser and run at him, fall to the prone position and put one between his eyes. 8) No but seriously I'd probably hole up behind something thick enough to keep my scrawny self from being the next gunshot victim. If I knew where the shots were coming from I might decide to venture forth and shoot back at the crazed gunman. It said that he surrendered when the police arrived so he wasn't that far out of it. If the bullets were flying back at him he might run back inside which might save someone else a gunshot wound. I think it depends on my disposition at the time though. I've got guns in my home and if BG wants to come in then there is no choice but to fight, out in the neighborhood though, I want to be sure I'm not going to be the one dying.

Here's a hypothetical question though. Do you think a neighbor returning fire would get in trouble if he doesn't hit the gunman and his bullet goes into someone else's home? Or say their are people in the gunman's home, he's standing outside of it shooting, you start blasting back and a bullet goes into his home and kills one of the occupants? I know there are laws protecting good samaritans if they try to help someone (who gives consent) but end up causing unintentional harm instead, ie I perform CPR on someone and end up breaking some ribs (it is implied consent if the person is unconscious). I wonder if those laws would apply. Wouldn't it be implied that if so-and-so goes nuts and starts shooting randomly that someone able to respond does?

·
Registered
684 Posts
Sharky said:
Police: Man Goes On Shooting Rampage, Kills Neighbor

POSTED: 4:49 pm EDT August 27, 2007
UPDATED: 11:34 pm EDT August 27, 2007

Police said they are investigating and are looking into where Corley got the AK-47 and ammunition. Officials believe over 200 shots were fired.
Is buying ammunition illegal?

·
16,485 Posts
No. Neither is buying the AK-style weapon. But they're going to want to make sure he filled out the 4473 properly on the latter and do whatever they can to hassle the storeowner of the former.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts