Police: Man Found In Kids' Bedroom Has Predatory Past

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Adam5, Sep 7, 2007.

1. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I would have the the :censored: first and asked questions later.

http://www.wbaltv.com/news/14061650/detail.html

2. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

:evil:

3. VolGrad

VolGrad Tactical Statistician

I have thought this scenario through many times since becoming a father.

Be forewarned - any uninvited guest in my house over 4 ft tall WILL BE SHOT ON SIGHT. I am not giving midgets a free pass, only allowing that a random child could make their way into the house looking for snacks or toys [strangely, if you live in a neighborhood this is not unheard of].

I figure it this way - if I awake during the night, the only people who are supposed to be there are me, my wife, and my daughter. I am not worried about family members outside the immediate family since they all live out of town. Anyone else - perceived friend or foe - is up to something and I don't care if I find out what. They will be shot, regardless of whether they are armed or not. Someone correct me on this, but I don't think they have to be armed for me to use deadly force. If so, I will adjust tactics a little. Shoot first, arm them, then call 911 - in that order.

4. Thorsen

Thorsen New Member

Intruder in my house = use of deadly force.

I assume that any intruder in my house is there to do my wife and I harm and will let the courts decide if I should go to jail for that assumption.

5. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

That may work in GA Thorsen, but keep in mind where this happened. This is one of the white trash/drug infested areas of the county where this happened. It's also a few miles from the Police Academy in Baltimore County as well. I guess they figure if you can survive 6 months in the area surrounding the academy you'll make it anywhere.

6. Thorsen

Thorsen New Member

Yep. I don't think anything could entice me to live in a state where I didn't have a clear right to protect me and mine within the confines of my home. Or had to prove that my life was in danger and had tried to retreat from the perp before using deadly force.

For me its a pretty simple premise .... you break into my home you are there to do harm and I will use deadly force to prevent that harm.

7. pro2am

pro2am New Member

"Police: Man Found In Kids' Bedroom Has Predatory Past"...and is 2,058 grains heavier than when he arrived.

(that's 14 x 147 for the less than mathematically inclined)

8. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

shoot him where he stands. kick him where he falls.

9. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

Thanks for the clarification pro2am. It would have taken me a while to come up with variations of magazine capacity and bullet weights on that one.

:lol: