Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would have the the :censored: first and asked questions later.

http://www.wbaltv.com/news/14061650/detail.html

Police: Man Found In Kids' Bedroom Has Predatory Past

POSTED: 6:09 pm EDT September 6, 2007
UPDATED: 10:20 am EDT September 7, 2007
BALTIMORE -- The Baltimore County man who was caught lurking in a children's bedroom in the middle of the night has a history of burglary and sex offenses, according to police documents.

Richard Marks, 49, was charged with attempted sex offense in the most recent case, but charging documents indicate that the incident is part of a pattern of behavior for Marks that dates back to early 1970s.

Charging documents obtained by WBAL TV 11 News showed that Marks had several prior arrests on charges including robbery, burglary and sex offenses; however, since he was never convicted of sexual offenses, he was never put on a sexual predator list.

In 1974, he was sentenced to five years behind bars. In 1980, he was convicted of assault with the intent to commit murder and sentenced to 12 years in prison.

Nine years later, Marks was convicted on burglary charges and sentenced to four more years.

Court documents show that in 1991, Marks entered a Dundalk home on Kavanaugh Road through an unlocked basement door. The documents stated that Marks approached a sleeping teenage boy, told him to undress or he would kill him and then sexually assault him.

Marks was sentenced to 25 years in prison with no parole on burglary charges, while sexual offense charges against him were dropped. But he was released in April of this year -- after only 16 years behind bars -- because of good behavior, corrections officials told 11 News.

Officials said at the time of his sentencing in 1991, Marks admitted to being a repeat offender.

In the most recent case, Brian Jarrell said he saw Marks in his two children's bedroom armoire at 2:30 a.m. Monday.

"I don't remember much. My only thought was, 'I can't let this guy get out,'" Jarrell said.

Jarrell was able to subdue Marks until police arrived.

Charging documents revealed that at the time of his arrest, Marks was wearing clear rubber gloves, had three bandanas on him and that Jarrell found two rags with a strong odor of chemicals in the bedroom.

Police said they found a stain on the fitted sheet by the children's heads and found the same chemical odor on the children's hair. After Marks was subdued out front, a neighbor said he had to shake one child several times to wake him and that he seemed very lethargic and confused.

Police said they also found a backpack inside the home that they believe belonged to Marks. Inside it they found petroleum jelly, plastic gloves, girls panties, chemical-soaked rags, gum, candy, a razor and putty knife and costume false teeth.

The investigation continues.

·
Super Moderator
69,784 Posts
Adam5 said:
Charging documents revealed that at the time of his arrest, Marks was wearing clear rubber gloves, had three bandanas on him and that Jarrell found two rags with a strong odor of chemicals in the bedroom.

. . .
Police said they also found a backpack inside the home that they believe belonged to Marks. Inside it they found petroleum jelly, plastic gloves, girls panties, chemical-soaked rags, gum, candy, a razor and putty knife and costume false teeth.
:evil:

·
Tactical Statistician
13,595 Posts
I have thought this scenario through many times since becoming a father.

Be forewarned - any uninvited guest in my house over 4 ft tall WILL BE SHOT ON SIGHT. I am not giving midgets a free pass, only allowing that a random child could make their way into the house looking for snacks or toys [strangely, if you live in a neighborhood this is not unheard of].

I figure it this way - if I awake during the night, the only people who are supposed to be there are me, my wife, and my daughter. I am not worried about family members outside the immediate family since they all live out of town. Anyone else - perceived friend or foe - is up to something and I don't care if I find out what. They will be shot, regardless of whether they are armed or not. Someone correct me on this, but I don't think they have to be armed for me to use deadly force. If so, I will adjust tactics a little. Shoot first, arm them, then call 911 - in that order.

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
Intruder in my house = use of deadly force.

I assume that any intruder in my house is there to do my wife and I harm and will let the courts decide if I should go to jail for that assumption.

·
Registered
6,306 Posts
Thorsen said:

I assume that any intruder in my house is there to do my wife and I harm and will let the courts decide if I should go to jail for that assumption.
That may work in GA Thorsen, but keep in mind where this happened. This is one of the white trash/drug infested areas of the county where this happened. It's also a few miles from the Police Academy in Baltimore County as well. I guess they figure if you can survive 6 months in the area surrounding the academy you'll make it anywhere.

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
wsweeks2 said:
Thorsen said:

That may work in GA Thorsen, but keep in mind where this happened. This is one of the white trash/drug infested areas of the county where this happened. It's also a few miles from the Police Academy in Baltimore County as well. I guess they figure if you can survive 6 months in the area surrounding the academy you'll make it anywhere.
Yep. I don't think anything could entice me to live in a state where I didn't have a clear right to protect me and mine within the confines of my home. Or had to prove that my life was in danger and had tried to retreat from the perp before using deadly force.

For me its a pretty simple premise .... you break into my home you are there to do harm and I will use deadly force to prevent that harm.

·
Registered
6,306 Posts
pro2am said:
"Police: Man Found In Kids' Bedroom Has Predatory Past"...and is 2,058 grains heavier than when he arrived.

(that's 14 x 147 for the less than mathematically inclined)
Thanks for the clarification pro2am. It would have taken me a while to come up with variations of magazine capacity and bullet weights on that one.

Rammstein said:
shoot him where he stands. kick him where he falls.
:lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts