Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
9,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The Complete Combatant is hosting me for a Police-Citizen Contacts class on 2/25 in Marietta.

Course description:

This presentation will explore the legal guidelines handed down by the United States Supreme Court governing contacts between citizens and peace officers. Special attention will be given to the understanding of the concepts of reasonable articulable suspicion (RAS) and probable cause (PC) and their applications to the seizure of persons and property. Particular focus will be paid to how these concepts apply to the armed citizen. The legal framework for the evaluation of use of force by the courts will also be discussed. This presentation will also include a discussion of Georgia's firearms carry laws.

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,534 Posts
twenny bucks? For all that training and education?
That's a steal of a deal.
Ironic, huh?

;)

·
Deplorable bitter clinger.
5,696 Posts
Great class. I took it this past September.

·
Man of Myth and Legend
15,172 Posts
2? 3? Times over?

Nemo

·
Registered
9,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As of right now, only one ticket has sold so far. We're still over a month out; so, maybe it'll pick up closer to time.

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,905 Posts
Looks like it's held on private property. I assume concealing will be okay, and there will be no searches of persons.

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,534 Posts
I guess everybody here thinks they know it all.
We've got nothing to learn, right people?
If you thought of something that you didn't already know, you could always Google it, or read about it on Wikipedia, so why bother actually taking a lesson from an expert in the field? And why pay the equivalent LUNCH MONEY for the privilege of being so educated?

Y'all ought to compare the value of this to what law students pay when attending law school. That works out to be over $100 an hour for classroom instruction, with a high student-to-staff ratio, very limited opportunities for Q&A (unless you're called on-- and challenged-- in the Socratic method), and being taught by professors of law that are almost exclusively academics without any real-world experience in the practice of law. They just read, discuss, and publish commentary on the work of other academics and high-level court rulings.

Legacy 38 has got both the academics of an instructor and the hands-on experience of a practitioner in the field.

I'm an experienced criminal law attorney, and I TOOK THIS CLASS a couple years ago in Watkinsville (yeah, it was a bit of a drive).
It was worth it.

Do it, people !

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
It is indeed a drive for many of us, gunsmoker. Money isn't always an issue, especially with an affordable class as this.

Often it's the time aspect. I would love to go but can't spare 7 hours that day to devote to driving unfortunately.

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
Cost is certainly damn reasonable. I'd love to be able to attend.

However, the chances of me being able to get a whole weekend day free and drive an hour and a half or more each way there is kind of slim. Much less also being able to find a babysitter so my wife could come too, who needs the class rather more than I do.

I always want training and education: the issue is just all too often one of both time and money... when you have a not-quite-4-year-old and a disabled spouse, both tend to be in pretty short supply. The only reason I get to shoot these days is because I have a close friend with enough property to shoot on who lives nearby. Otherwise I'd be lucky to practice twice a year. As it is I'm hard pressed to find the time for getting my continuing education credits for my certifications AND study for the certs I have yet to obtain.

·
My Name is Inigo Montoya
4,025 Posts
As of this moment, four tickets have sold.
Hey Chief, id be interested in taking the course but wanna use paypal, can this be arranged?

·
Registered
9,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
We have five confirmed students and one more who tried to confirm but fell prey to a new postal clerk who finds it perfectly reasonable to put other people's mail in P.O. Box but who returned my own mail to sender.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.