Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today, several police officers were lined up at Zoar Church Road checking drivers licenses and tags. Didn't check insurance. I wasn't asked about weapons in the car. Fairly quick and easy process. Wonder what prompted the checkpoint?

·
69,149 Posts
Phil1979 said:
Wonder what prompted the checkpoint?
Disdain for individual liberty? Raw exercise of power? Because they can? Felt the need to mess with people just trying to get home? Laziness? Too much work to catch DUIs actually driving around? A desire to raise revenue in a flagging economy and lower property and sales tax receipts?

·
Banned
6,624 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
Phil1979 said:
Wonder what prompted the checkpoint?
Disdain for individual liberty? Raw exercise of power? Because they can? Felt the need to mess with people just trying to get home? Laziness? Too much work to catch DUIs actually driving around? A desire to raise revenue in a flagging economy and lower property and sales tax receipts?
D. All of the above

·
Registered
9,075 Posts
Phil1979 said:
Today, several police officers were lined up at Zoar Church Road checking drivers licenses and tags. Didn't check insurance. I wasn't asked about weapons in the car. Fairly quick and easy process. Wonder what prompted the checkpoint?
If they checked the tag then they did indeed check insurance.

·
Registered
15,974 Posts
legacy38 said:
Phil1979 said:
Maybe they visually checked the tag without running it.

·
Registered
9,075 Posts
GAGunOwner said:
legacy38 said:
Phil1979 said:
Maybe they visually checked the tag without running it.
True, but checking the tag is also a cursory check for insurance as you have to have valid insurance to get a tag...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts