Police Arrest Man with BB Gun

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Malum Prohibitum, May 23, 2007.

1. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

http://www.whptv.com/news/local/story.a ... 9987198718

2. S&W 40

S&W 40 Active Member

He caused, what about the people who called or why did they send 10 cars at a high rate of speed?????

3. Macktee

Macktee New Member

They obviously were concerned he'd put an eye out...!

4. legacy38

legacy38 Active Member

I can somewhat understand the initial response. The police were called about a man in the building with a rifle. It makes sense that they would respond with enough people to form an active shooter response. If they had not done so and an active shooter incident took place they would get blasted for not enough of a response. Either way they are going to get hammered; so, they might as well respond for the worst and hope for the best.

As for the charges, they are ridiculous.

5. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

You and I think a lot alike.

I not only understand the initial response, but expect it. The calls come in as a man with a rifle (in an area where a public shooting occurred recently). I expect multiple police cars, and I expect them to respond quickly.

With that having been said, I expect the police to act rationally once they discover that it was all a misunderstanding.

I doubt the charges will hold up under Pa law.

6. Dan H

Dan H New Member

Was it a Red Ryder?

7. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Everything but the charge and "As a precaution 2 nearby schools and Holy Spirit Hospital were also put in lockdown." seems reasonable.