Police Are Using Boston Dynamics' Spot Robot

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by OWM, Nov 26, 2019.

1. OWM

OWM Well-Known Member

A couple of years back I started a thread on what weapon and round would be needed to stop a police robot. Tried to find it but could not. Anyway what y'all think about this latest rendition. I would think some green tips might turn it into a beer can. Not that I would ever even consider damaging government property.

"Boston Dynamics says (via Gizmodo) that its written license agreement with Spot customers does not permit it for any purpose that would harm or intimidate people."

https://www.techspot.com/news/82926-police-using-boston-dynamics-spot-robot.html#commentsOffset

2019-11-26-image-5.jpg

2. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

Sledge hammer, bolt cutters, Tannerite (or better), gasoline, etc, etc.

3. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

4. smn

smn Active Member

A fishing net or volleyball net.

5. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

Go to 4:01 and past. Pause and read. Click link on right side of split screen.

Not quite there yet but no far away I suspect. Unless the govt can really keep secrets.

Nemo

6. Mstr-Chris

Mstr-Chris Well-Known Member

Electromagnetic pulse

7. mrhutch

mrhutch Well-Known Member

8. RedDawnTheMusical

RedDawnTheMusical Well-Known Member

Yup. Need to add a suitable EMP device to the "arsenal". It will have the added benefit (hopefully) of taking out the police radios and other equipment as well. Just need to generate a big enough EMP pulse.

9. Nemo

Not public yet.

Nemo

10. Clark

Clark Well-Known Member

How much you want to bet if someone takes one of these out that they'll be charged for killing an officer? Just like they do when K9s get hurt/killed (though I think the department should be charged with aggravated animal cruelty for knowingly using dogs like that).

11. Nemo

I don't think they could get the killing an officer part in there. Same argument as abortion is not murder in defense. But you never know.

Felony destruction of property yah.

Nemo

gunsmoker likes this.
  12. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

You never heard of AI? Don't you know silicone beings are sentient, too? Book 'em, Dano, murder one! :lol:

13. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

For 30 years, ivy-league professors of sociology, psychology, [communist] economics, and even LAW have advocated that animals have constitutional rights (not just statutory rights granted by the legislature in some animal-cruelty law).

Constitutional rights, just as if they were people. Or, to put a finer point on it, to the exact same extent proportionately as those animals are sentient beings. That might mean a species of animal half as mentally-sophisticated as humans get half of the rights in the Constitution applied to them.

For most of the last 30 years, such professors have been freaks of civilized society, embraced only by the lunatics and ideologues of the far left, because animal rights is another method of destroying America's economy and thus letting us fall into the grip of communism.

But 30 years ago people who would've seen Bruce Jenner in a dress would not have called him a "woman" and put him on the cover of magazines announcing this newly created female.

Today, Bruce is a woman.
    Tomorrow, "due process of law" and "no cruel and unusual punishment" will apply directly to animals.

And a generation from now, robots will be legal "persons."

Insanity marches on.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2019
    OWM likes this.
  14. OWM

OWM Well-Known Member

Hot topic in the Tech sector right now with left wing fools getting onboard. May not be a generation from now but much sooner.

15. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

Some Japanese men consider their robot "smart" sex dolls to be equal to humans:

Quote:
    "More than 2,000 of the scarily real silicone dolls - called Dutch Wives - are sold each year in Japan at the cost of about £4,600, industry insiders have confirmed. And sales are rising every year.

A love affair with the silicon sex machines is becoming increasingly acceptable. Owners have no qualms about taking their rubber companions to the park or the beach."

16. OWM

OWM Well-Known Member

Divorce lawyers will not like that. Till it's not legal I'm guessing breaking up would be easy. Just shoot the thing in the CPU.

17. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

They don't have a lot of guns there, but they do have swords and knives, and to my knowledge there is no push there to get rid of metal pointy sharp things as is happening in Britain.

So, will there start to be murders fueled by jealous rage over these sex dolls as they become more popular with the mentally ill?