Pocket holster

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Malum Prohibitum, Sep 1, 2006.

1. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

I purchased a Galco pocket holster from Chuck's Firearms in Buckhead a while back for a Kel-Tec minipistol.

Has anybody else noticed how much slower it is to draw from a pocket holster than just from a pocket?

I mean, it is comfortable, and it hides the outline, but wow it is a slow draw.

2. jrm

jrm Sledgehammer

I prefer the slide clip for the Kel-tecs. I tried a pocket holster about 30 years ago, and I used it occasionally but never really took a shining to it.

3. ber950

ber950 Active Member

UM

Get an Uncle Mikes it won't hid the profile as well but should let you get a better grip on the pistol.

4. artz

artz New Member

my deSantis nemesis front pocket holster isn't that way. The inside is lined with tincloth which makes it slick and quick as I can draw from it. The outside is a viscous material that holds to my pocket. One great holster ! :)

5. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

It is getting faster with practice. Pocket carry will never be quickdraw McGraw . . .

6. grayelky

grayelky New Member

The inside should be smooth leather, w/ the rough side being outside. If it bothers you, try putting some clear floor paste wax (Johnson's is what I use) on the inside. It will not hurt your gun, and it should slick up the draw a touch until the holster breaks in.

I bought a used Galco pocket holster, and have no problems at all w/ my KelTec.