Plastic Army Man Guns Banned

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Malum Prohibitum, Jun 22, 2007.

1. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

In enforcing the decision, the district cited its Safe Schools policy and the federal Gun Free Schools Act of 1994, a federal law designed to remove firearms from schools.

:rotfl:

2. pro2am

pro2am New Member

Idiots. They should be very :oops: for acting :screwy:

3. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

These people are responsible for children's education?

4. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

I don't think they are very responsible at all. What a crock.

5. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

I like the way this kid thinks

6. M249

M249 New Member

Zero Tolerance = Zero Common Sense. Gotta love our government <strike>indoctrination</strike> education system.

Anybody up for sending these guys a new bag of "Army Men?" Heck, I even have an old blank AAM certificate I could fill out for the kids :)

7. Macktee

Macktee New Member

I, for one, feel much safer knowing guns of all types are completely banned at our nation's schools. Without said ban, no telling what might happen. Some kid might shoot his eye out or something...

I did like this portion of the article:

"A copy of the district's Safe Schools policy obtained by the Daily Breeze includes no mention of toy army men."

Wouldn't it be nice if schools showed just the tiniest little bit of common sense in these zero tolerance situations? Not that that'll ever happen!

At least with the gun ban in place, we don't have to worry about nutjobs coming on to school grounds and shooting people...

8. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

It's even better that guns are banned from college campuses too, what with the crack and liquor benders we college students go on.

9. zookeper

zookeper Active Member

+1

10. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Active Member

:shakehead:
    And my wife wonderrs why I say our kids will go to a private school....

11. AV8R

AV8R Banned

And crap like this reinforces our choice to homeschool. Lately, we are reminded daily that public schools are no place for kids who's parents wish for them to grow up educated and free-thinking.