Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself to like minded people and hopefully be among you all in Georgia within the next 12 months. I'm a lifelong resident of North Kor...err...New Jersey and planning to relocate to exercise my 2nd Amendment right without much hassle from the state and local governments up here. I also need a much needed change of pace. The hustle and bustle lifestyle of New York and New Jersey is taking its toll on my sanity.

Anyway, please cross your fingers for me that I make the transition/relocation without any major snags. Thanks!

-ND

·
Registered
9,458 Posts
Welcome.

·
Deplorable bitter clinger.
5,696 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the free state of Georgia. Please have your passport/visa documentation ready when arriving at the border. Don't forget to discard any thoughts of changing Georgia into New Jersey!

Reactions: psrumors

·
Registered
10,809 Posts
I lived in Plainsboro, NJ for 13 months. I don't talk about it. First think I did when I got here is purchase a 1911 and some hollow point ammo. America.

Reactions: TimBob

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,534 Posts
Welcome south, brother!

We are a gun lovin' state, generally, although there are a bunch of metrosexual hipsters in Atlanta and the close suburbs.

I'm a transplant from upstate New York, which wasn't quite so bad on guns as New Joizey seems to be. On a state level, rifles and shotguns were unrestricted, except it wasn't legal to carry them loaded in your vehicle (this Fish & Game law applied anywhere, even when you obviously were not hunting or poaching). Handguns required a license and individual gun registration by serial number, but pretty much any average person could get a permit to carry to and from the gun club, gunsmith, hunting fields, etc. It took about a year and required several references from friends / neighbors / co-workers, but nearly all applications would be approved.

Strangely, when I first moved to GA, there were more off-limits locations down here than there were in NY. We had the stupid "public gathering" law in GA, and a 1000-foot gun free zone around every school, a 200-yard gun free zone around every bar and restaurant that served alcohol, and every government-owned building (of any description, even the bathrooms at a highway rest area). NY wasn't like that if you had an "unrestricted" carry permit (carry anytime, not just when engaging in sports related to shooting or the outdoors).

Have you heard about GeogiaCarry.Org?

·
Registered
9,458 Posts
I lived in Plainsboro, NJ for 13 months. I don't talk about it. First think I did when I got here is purchase a 1911 and some hollow point ammo. America.
Was it like in the movies where they dump your personal stuff out of an envelope onto the counter and then walk you to the gate?

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
Welcome aboard Sir. When the time comes I hope you don't get shot at crossing the southern boarder of NJ. In a good natured jab at my fellow Northern Georgia GPO members please visit us all down here in the Southern part of Georgia as well. As per protocol when you get here please step off the bus and place your feet on the footprints provided.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Good luck with the move. FYI, the nectar of the south is sweet tea, best from Chic-fil-A or McDonalds. You can use it on pancakes if you ever run out of the real stuff.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
As I have told other slave state refugees, you are welcome here as long as you don't bring the dominant political viewpoint from back there to down here.

·
Man of Myth and Legend
15,172 Posts

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,534 Posts
“Y’all” is used in the South the way
“Youze guys” is up North.

·
Man of Myth and Legend
15,172 Posts
In some large portion of yankee territory its you'uns.

Nemo

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.