Places With Metal Detectors

Discussion in 'Places Off-Limits' started by ber950, May 10, 2006.

1. ber950

ber950 Active Member

I went to the Washington Mutual Bank branch in the West End. They have a system with metal detectors and auto locking doors. :shock:
    I just left, even if I wasn't carrying I wouldn't go thru the hassle of empting my pockets and taking off my cell phones and flashlight just to get in a bank. I will go closer to home. :x

WASHINGTON MUTUAL
    876 RALPH DAVID ABERNATHY BLVD SW
    ATLANTA, GA

2. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

You have to empty your pockets to go in the bank?

3. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

Hmm, so that is the "WaMu way".

I don't think I care for it.

4. ber950

ber950 Active Member

West End

I have to admit that if any bank needs a metal detector it is the ones in the West End. Their need for a metal detector is the same reason I refuse to walk across the parking lot unarmed.

That branch is close to work and I thought I would stop in and take care of some business, but I will wait till closer to home where there are no metal detectors.

5. Malum Prohibitum

Hmmmm . . . . :-k

Washington Mutual has my mortgage. I wonder if I can pay my mortgage bill in person at this branch?

It would be interesting to see what the reaction would be when I walk in carrying a firearm openly in a holster to pay my mortgage bill.

:shock:

Well, then, Mr. Security Guard, perhaps you wouldn't mind waiting in the teller line with my payment then? I will wait right here until you bring me the receipt?
    :D

6. Malum Prohibitum

Re: West End

That is just plain silly. I mean, what, when there is a robbery with a firearm everybody can see the firearm plain as day.

All the metal detector does is help the robber by getting everybody's attention without having to shout loudly when he first walks in, "This is a stickup!"

:lol:

7. Malum Prohibitum

I guess I should explain that last statement. There are two kinds of robberies. The kind with firearms have lots of yelling, shouting and threats. The kind without involves the guy who just hands a note to the teller. They are trained to hand over the cash. I do not see where a metal detector would avoid either kind.

Maybe it works?

Deterrence . . . I know that sometimes even having an off duty police officer in uniform present inside the bank does not deter these guys.

8. john

john New Member

Ha, malum, want to take a ride to the west end? I would like to ask about opening an account.