Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is a "places off-limits" board, but I live in McRae, GA and you can OC pretty much everywhere except Churches and Schools with no problem, especially in the NEW gun store, Three Rivers Outdoors Guns & Apparel, LLC, where the owner and employees OC. (by the way, prices are very competitive!)

In addition, I OC'd a couple of places in Macon Sunday while visiting:

Old Navy off of Eisenhower. A couple of glances, but no confrontations. As I exited the store, I crossed in front of a Macon PD Officer. He had to see the Ruger strongside, but no problem.

S & S Cafeteria. Again, a glance or two. One kid whispered to his mom "See, there he be. He do got a gun." No problems though.

Academy Sports. Not even a second glance from anyone.

CC'd in the Macon Mall, however, as usual. Just don't want to test it.

I have yet to have a negative encounter while carrying.

I've OC'd at Howard's Pawn before, no problem of course, as well as Ingleside Village Pizza.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I did report on personal OC experience in specific locations and I did plug a new gun store that supports OC and an established one, so I guess I'm guilty as charged. Sorry that I posted some stuff about GUNS and CARRYING THEM on a GUN CARRY forum. I'm a little confused about the spam comment, though.

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,312 Posts
Well one place that I figured would be a close call is the State Bar of Georgia headquarters in downtown Atlanta.
That's where we just had a CLE seminar (Continuing Legal Education) featuring, among others, our own J.R.M., former Congressman Bob Barr, pro-gun state Senator Mitch Seabaugh, and anti-gun state Representative Stephanie Stuckley-Benfield.

And John said that he also had wondered about the State Bar H.Q. possibly being a government building because the State Bar (a creation of the Supreme Court of Georgia, but run independently) is housed there. According to the General Counsel (in-house lawyer) for the State Bar, it's not a government entity. So the Bar H.Q. is good for carry, and I'm sure a few of us were!

But keep in mind that until there's an actual arrest or court case involving this question, no matter who you ask, it's just an opinion. Not necessarily "the" absolutely correct answer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts